SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6319 - 04/17/03 07:09 PM Fender Passport and Subwoofer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Fender Passport 250 and would like to use a subwoofer with it. Is that possible and how?

#6320 - 05/05/03 05:12 PM Re: Fender Passport and Subwoofer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I waqited for others to post here but no one did. leegle beagle. For others here that do not know the passport, The passport is an all in one, moderate to upper quality (by specs) Powered Mixer/Sound reinforcement system.
The thing that technically does not match is a music production powered mixer and a subwoofer. The driving device is made for live sound production. A subwoofer is driver specifically made for the accurate REproduction of bass frequencies. No subwoofer I know of unless it is in a bass enclosure was designed to produce sound from an amplified instrument signal.
Is it possible? Of course. Just hook it up the same as you would with any other powered stereo system. I believe you would achieve much more desired results if you got some (2) bass reflex cabs that each hold a single 12 or 15". The subwoofer in conjunction with the OEM 6¼" X 4 cabs will be likely to lack warmer low tones or be drowned into the earthy bass frequencies. You never know though. give it a shot, it might sound good.
MORPH!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online