SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6306 - 11/15/04 09:30 AM Newbie needs help...
StoryInTheSoil Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA, US
Hi, i was wondering if a keyboard with built-in speakers would provide adequate sound to be played in a 6 piece band? I was looking at a Casio WK1630 a few weeks ago and was thinking about buying it but wasnt sure if this had enough power to be played in a band, well the keyboard has since been sold so I'm looking around again. I also found an Alesis QS6.1 which I'm sure you guys know does not have integrated speakers, but also costs a lot more. So my question is...would i be able to buy a keyboard similar to the Casio WK1630 thats similar in specs and still have enough power to be heard over other instruments, or would i have to buy something like the Alesis. Thanks a lot, sorry for the ignorance, I'm very new to this.
Jim

#6307 - 11/15/04 01:03 PM Re: Newbie needs help...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
You may want to post your question at the General Arranger Keyboard section here.
You will get a lot more replyes.

-ED-

#6308 - 11/15/04 04:00 PM Re: Newbie needs help...
StoryInTheSoil Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA, US
Alright, thanks.

#6309 - 11/22/04 12:21 PM Re: Newbie needs help...
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Qwik & Dirty response:
The WK1630 (according to the specs)only has 2 x 5 watt output.Immediately, flags are going up saying "This poor guy's gonna get lost in the mix".
You need to be able to project that sound out to the audience. I really can't see this unit doing that without some primary amplification, or being run through the front end mix.
Just my thots...Good Luck in your choice.

------------------
...L

#6310 - 11/22/04 01:01 PM Re: Newbie needs help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roland EXR-3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online