SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6291 - 05/29/02 08:11 PM Bring the Noise
Blacklight Offline

I got a nice topic that may help me out some. I am on a lower budget $800 or lower.
To round out my sound, I need a good NOISY and versatile analog or analog modeling synth. I need to be able to create really wild and insane and sometimes heavy sounds as I do a lot of old school industrial and machine music. My Sequential Split 8 is great for sweeping pads and leads but not great as a noise maker. Any reccomendations for me to check out wether they be older synths or new ?

#6292 - 05/29/02 08:52 PM Re: Bring the Noise
Soft Machine Offline

For that price you can get a roland Jupiter

#6293 - 05/29/02 09:44 PM Re: Bring the Noise
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Analog modeling - KORG MS-2000 , ROLAND JP-8000 , NOVATION NOVA .
Older analog gear - Most polyphonics were not made to be great noise machines , there focus was on the polyphony . Most monophonic synthesizers are far superior at making noises than the polyphonic ones . The best is the YAMAHA CS-40M , it has the most extensive modulation section , routings , and possibilities of any monophonic . Other good ones are the KORG MONOPOLY , ROLAND SH-5 , SH-7 , SH-2 , KORG MS-20 , MAXI-KORG 800DV , ARP ODYSSEY , ARP SOLUS , SEQUENTIAL PRO ONE . Moog synthesizers are quite bland on features , but they have a dirty sound . If it's noises you want , a good old monophonic analog is the best machine to do the job . Old polyphonic synthesizers were not made for that . Not to say they can't make noises , it's just not there strong point .

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online