SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6282 - 01/05/03 09:32 AM New Music - Please review
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Considering I trust and respect you all here from previous topics and reviews I decided to post this topic. the music an experiment and a collaboration with my younger brother. If your a fan of Pink Floyd and bands like Tool you may like this. I don't think it's for everyone but I do believe some will like it, so far we've had very good reviews. Please give these two songs a listen and let me know what you think......the songs are called
1. Darkwave
2. Pull Away
Go to .......www.mp3/com/mdsonic
Thanks alot......

#6283 - 01/05/03 11:13 AM Re: New Music - Please review
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
I tried my best, but as always MP3.com are trying to force me into filling out a BILLION forms before I can hear a single note.

Can't be bothered with pop-ups, and don't want to fill out loads of personal information. Sorry.

#6284 - 01/05/03 11:17 AM Re: New Music - Please review
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Can you believe it????

In a wave of compassion and guilt I went back and tried to fill out their form, but because I gave my date of birth as ninteen ninty something, now they're blocking me from entering the site cos they think I'm a child.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!

#6285 - 01/05/03 01:13 PM Re: New Music - Please review
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Lot's of info? from my experiance it's just a couple of little things and your off and running....Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by Equalizer:
Can you believe it????

In a wave of compassion and guilt I went back and tried to fill out their form, but because I gave my date of birth as ninteen ninty something, now they're blocking me from entering the site cos they think I'm a child.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!

#6286 - 01/10/03 05:57 PM Re: New Music - Please review
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have completed my review of the specified material.
Yes , very dark results were achieved. Was almost too confusing at points where you would be phrasing 1 beat set in Aeolian
, your brother too, but then he would begin to sing in Hypo-Phrygian nearing the end of the beat set. As much as I love he unexpected, some of it was confusing as hell. certain parts anyway. This is not your writings, but rather seemingly your copings. I say cope for the reasons that your underscored background changes are corrective thus making the foreground patterns an allowable fit, theoretically and tonally. Your brothers musical roots may be different and with respect to them and what he expresses, yet he still needs to unite with you more. As expansive as music is, it is still confined to this world. What I am saying basically is your brother should follow your directives more, and when you say no, the tail does not wag the dog, he should comply instead him forcing you in creating outlandish workarounds to make the work listenable. Work with the dissonence because I do hear a unique magic that forms between you two. You compliment what he plays, but that is a two way street. The release of these songs are of great contrast compared to previously created releases by mdsonic. The play counts speak for themselves. If your brother took a theory class at a local college covering the musical modes I believe it would enlighten him in ability to better express his music. mdsonic is a flexible machine. This fuel you have with your brother...it does ignite, but it is tricky. Success awaits from cooperation and patience to understand such a dark move forward.
Best to you both, and your sound.
MORPH!

#6287 - 01/10/03 06:23 PM Re: New Music - Please review
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wanted to add in separate entry that the overall sound is great because it is a new sound. Just when you think you have heard all the trippiness in the word trippy, someone assembles something to throw you off your seat, which you thought was a king's throne, but turned out to be a kiddie's hi-chair. The blend is special as it sails past the elementary and for brief moments, barely nudges another realm of theory not yet determined. This is the way of the brave pioneer, to march in music of darkness. Pioneers; may you and your musical ideas flourish in prosperity.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online