SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#62645 - 11/13/04 11:28 AM Re: SD Card reading
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Jack - I don't understand your thinking.

You say:

"It seems that you have the seem problem as that I have.
I suppose that we both use de reader only as reader, without the SD explorer demo."

EXACTLY - you are using the reader - only as a reader without the SD Explorer.

Send me the data you are trying to read - I will look at it in SDEX. Joan

#62646 - 11/13/04 01:02 PM Re: SD Card reading
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Yes Joan, I think that I have problems with the reader first.
How should I send you ( by e mail )the data of the SD card, must I select all the items after opening the files PRIVAT-TECHNICS-KN7000 or should I send you the complete file PRIVAT ?

Jack

#62647 - 11/13/04 01:54 PM Re: SD Card reading
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Jack - send me the PRIVATE file - zip it first. If it is too large let me know at my email address. Joan

#62648 - 11/14/04 07:45 AM Re: SD Card reading
clover_kid Offline

Loc: New Port Richey, FL USA
Joan,
I have been able to use the SDExplorer with the PNY reader. I have also been able to get some use out of the multi card "generic" reader. The PNY seems more reliable.

Fran,
The trick does seem to be to ALWAYS format the SD card in the keyboard and save one file to it, then use the SDExplorer to edit and save the files on the card. When I initilaized the card in the SDExplorer and did a restore, the 2600 could not read the card. It acted just fine in the SDExplorer. Whn I formatted the card in the keyboard and did the restore with the SDexplorer, the keyboard had no trouble reading the card.

I have found the tool extremely useful, just not without "quirks", perhaps all self induced. So far I have been able to find "work arounds"

Bill

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online