SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62635 - 11/11/04 04:04 PM Re: SD Card reading
Kenneth Gundersen Offline

Loc: Lyngdal in Norway
Jack, I suggest you try this: Locate all the styles on the card. Copy this files and paste it to a folder on the desktop. Put the SD card into your card reader and the GREAT SD-Explorer program will start automatic. Then drag the styles from desktop to your card (SD-Explorer window). Then try the SD-card in your KN7000.

Kind regards
Ken www.kn7000.net

#62636 - 11/12/04 12:59 AM Re: SD Card reading
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack:
[B]Last week I bought me a Apacer card reader. after install it succesfully on my PC with Windows XP without the demo of Fred's SD Explorer.
I put a SD card in the reader, it contents styles and some midifiles.
When I look on my PC in removeable disk and open then the files PRIVATE-TECHNICS and KN7000 I can see all the styles.I don't format anything.
Now I close all the files and take my SD card out of the reader and put them into my KN 7000 keyboard.
It give me a fright when I see that the SD card is empty while the display says that 2% of the 128MB card is still used.
How can I make the styles in my keyboard visible again.
I know that this has noting to do with Fred's SD Explorer, his tool is OK.
Jack

Kenneth,
The way I read this, it doesn't actually say that Jack was using the SDExplorer tool. If not then I don't think that your answer would be applicable. Joan

#62637 - 11/12/04 07:20 AM Re: SD Card reading
clover_kid Offline

Loc: New Port Richey, FL USA
I have had a similar problem using the SD explorer. I am able to create and update the listing, and everything looks good while in SD Explorer, but when I plug the card into my 2600 it shows nothing and that xx% is used. If I format the card inthe keyboard and save one file to it, then restore the data tot he card using SD Explorer, it will show several "missing" or "bad" files. I say delete those files and then I cna read and use the card in the keyboard.

My guess is that the info file is getting corrupted somehow....but that is just a guess.

Bill

#62638 - 11/12/04 12:58 PM Re: SD Card reading
Joan Offline

Hi there Bill
I haven't had this problem - I have a KN7 - not that that should make any differance. I believe Fran is successfully working the Explorer with the KN2600. When you say you are not getting anything do you mean you cannot see the names. and xx% is used. Do you mean literally that or does it show some number? Have you successfully used it at all? Joan

#62639 - 11/12/04 01:18 PM Re: SD Card reading
Anonymous
Unregistered

The 7000 Explorer works perfect with the 2600. 2600 and 7000 SD files are exactly the same. SD files saved on the 2600 make no reference to 2600, only 7000.

My only problem now is with my Computers USB 2. The write speed is not consistent.
However, even at the longest write speed it is the best way to manage SD's.

I will be changing the USB card in my computer.

Fran in Florida

#62640 - 11/12/04 02:18 PM Re: SD Card reading
Joan Offline

I agree about the speed of the USB, as far as I am concerned this is something I will gladly accept as the ease of the rest of it is so good. Joan

#62641 - 11/13/04 06:49 AM Re: SD Card reading
clover_kid Offline

Loc: New Port Richey, FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
Hi there Bill
I haven't had this problem - I have a KN7 - not that that should make any differance. I believe Fran is successfully working the Explorer with the KN2600. When you say you are not getting anything do you mean you cannot see the names. and xx% is used. Do you mean literally that or does it show some number? Have you successfully used it at all? Joan

Joan

The display in the 2600 shows no files, no folders, nothing available on the card. The top lines displays % used (for example 52% used).

I agree the card reader is also a factor. I have been more successful using a PNY reader (single) than a multi-reader of generic manufacturer. Perhaps this is a timing issue.

Bill

#62642 - 11/13/04 08:45 AM Re: SD Card reading
Joan Offline

Bill

You say you have been more successful using a PNY reader (single). Can you clarify whether you have actually been able to use the SDExplorer then with this method or are you speaking generally? Joan

#62643 - 11/13/04 10:30 AM Re: SD Card reading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bill,

I just formated an SD in the 2600 and saved a Test Song. I always format the SD on the 7000 or 2600 before using.

Put it in the computer reader and it reads Private, Technics, KN 7000 and Test Song.

I made some tests for Fred when he was developing the tool on my 2600. It was confusing to Fred and I when no 2600 came up. Technics used the same 7000 SD format for the 2600.

I changed from a dual reader Sandisk USB 1 to a PNY USB 2, SD and MMC reader. On first use it restored a 128 in about 1/2 hour, 5 times faster than the Sandisk USB 1. On my second use restoring the same 128 it took over 2 hours.

I know my problem lies in the computer USB card and not in the reader or 7000 Explorer. My computer is 2 years old and the USB has been a problem from the start.

It is important that your computer have a USB 2 card and the reader used also be USB 2. A miss match in card and reader speed will reduce the read times substantially.

Fran in Florida

#62644 - 11/13/04 10:39 AM Re: SD Card reading
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi Bill,
It seems that you have the seem problem as that I have.
I suppose that we both use de reader only as reader, without the SD explorer demo.
I am curious what would be the solution, maybe that Joan of one of the other Technics fans can help us.
When this problem is solved,I buy me Fred's SD explorer

Jack

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online