Topic Options
#62483 - 04/24/03 08:00 PM KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California

#62484 - 04/24/03 09:16 PM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Bebop

I know Caruso Music. They are the ones doing the EBay auction. They're a good dealer, but the price seems kinda high for a used KN7000. I would think it won't go much higher than $2800. But then again, what do I know?

Tom G.

#62485 - 04/25/03 05:24 AM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Tom and Bebop,

Just for your information, Caruso Music I have also been doing the EBay auctions for several years. Presently I have about three pre-owned Technics units on along with other related items. To get to the Technics Keyboard pages,
go to ( http://www.ebay.com ) and type in search - Technics Keyboard. That will bring you to the Technics page.

It is very hard to believe that pre-owned KN7000 are being bought by people on Ebay
from sellers with no history, etc. Also
individual sellers are offering (not retail dealers) factory warrantee on so called new KN7000.

By the way Technics does not warrantee pre-owned instruments (so called new in box) to 3rd party buyers. Parts can only be purchased by authorized repair, retail stores etc, so buyer beware !!!! Most retailers offer
their own warrantee on pre-owned.

Walt
Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Hi Bebop

I know Caruso Music. They are the ones doing the EBay auction. They're a good dealer, but the price seems kinda high for a used KN7000. I would think it won't go much higher than $2800. But then again, what do I know?

Tom G.

#62486 - 04/25/03 06:44 AM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Thanks Walt for clarifying the warranty issue on the KN7000.

Larry

#62487 - 04/25/03 08:05 AM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Hi Bebop

Tom G.

Tom, Walt,
I think Caruso is a Technics Dealer. I get that impression from their webpage. I know they been around a long long time.
I wouldn't consider paying 2800 for a KN7000. I have already turned down a 2200 offer and my standing offer is 2100 firm plus freight, if anyone is interested. We have an authorized repair tech in the bay area as the local dealer doesn't even have one so I am not concerned about warranties. I have 4 technics in a row now and none has ever seen the inside of a shop. They are tanks.
The last keyboard that had to go in for warranty was an Ensoniq Sdi-32 a long time ago. Now computers are a totally different pile of Crap, but don't get me started on that.
Best to you guys
Bebop

#62488 - 04/25/03 08:38 AM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
zeerog Offline

Loc: bredene / wvl / belgium
Hello,

I have my kn 7000 from ebay from a dealer who got a demo keyboard and sold it for something more than nothing. I did made the trip to germany (3.5 hours x 2) but I recieved a total new keyboard with 2 years waranty and for only 2300 euro! So there are deals to do but for the moment they are to expensive but don't give up hope!

#62489 - 04/25/03 01:09 PM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Walt,

You are correct about the warranty. I purchased my 6000 from a gentleman in California who stated it had full factory warranty.

After several months I was in contact with Eddie Williams and was asked to beta test and upgrade with another 6000 owner who was experiencing a similar problem.

At that time I found out Factory Warranty is only good when the purchase is from an Authorized Dealer not a re-seller of un-opened merchandise.

Fran in Florida

#62490 - 04/25/03 09:55 PM Re: KN7000 used for sale on ebay by dealer
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
Hi Tom and Bebop,

Just for your information, Caruso Music I have also been doing the EBay auctions for several years. Presently I have about three pre-owned Technics units on along with other related items. To get to the Technics Keyboard pages,
go to ( http://www.ebay.com ) and type in search - Technics Keyboard. That will bring you to the Technics page.

It is very hard to believe that pre-owned KN7000 are being bought by people on Ebay
from sellers with no history, etc. Also
individual sellers are offering (not retail dealers) factory warrantee on so called new KN7000.

By the way Technics does not warrantee pre-owned instruments (so called new in box) to 3rd party buyers. Parts can only be purchased by authorized repair, retail stores etc, so buyer beware !!!! Most retailers offer
their own warrantee on pre-owned.

Walt
Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios

Oh yes, I certainly know Walt Tenay! And I would definitely feel most comfortable buying from him as well. Walt's been known around these parts for sometime!!

Tom G.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online