SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#62380 - 03/14/02 09:09 AM Re: I haven't LEFT you . . . .
Dan Hanson Offline

Loc: Sumterville, Fl. USA
Technics's organ line was very popular as all other brands and more organs were sold in Florida than all the rest of the US put
together for 12-15 years in a row. Although
this has changed as the home organ business
has declined with all major brands.

There-in lies the answer...We got more old people, of which I are one. Old folks need to occupy their time too.

#62381 - 03/14/02 09:50 AM Re: I haven't LEFT you . . . .
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Dan,

Ok to be old and occupy your time with music,
but I forgot to mention that this is the state that more retired people got "ripped off" for paying way to much for the popular home organ.
I can't begin to tell you the horror stories
that I heard from people who paid almost the cost of a small house $60,000 for a home organ. Many times were talked into getting a second mortage on their home or a personal loan to cover these excessive retail pices ower the years of its popular span.

Thank goodness most of our seniors (me too) are more educated when it comes to consumer electronics which includes musical products.

"So buyer beware" old or young.

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Hanson:

Technics's organ line was very popular as all other brands and more organs were sold in Florida than all the rest of the US put
together for 12-15 years in a row. Although
this has changed as the home organ business
has declined with all major brands.

There-in lies the answer...We got more old people, of which I are one. Old folks need to occupy their time too.

#62382 - 03/14/02 10:22 AM Re: I haven't LEFT you . . . .
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi
I think we are partly to blame for the high prices,as soon as a new keyboard comes out we all Must Have It, possibly regardless of the true cost, I must be one of these people as I have rushed out and bought new models and payed the price for them, with the Kn6500 i waited for months for the price to fall and it did, but the waiting was pure hell, I needed it so bad, I got it in the end and its still the same keyboard that could have cost me a lot more than I paid for mine, just a thought.
Mike

#62383 - 03/14/02 12:03 PM Re: I haven't LEFT you . . . .
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Great topic Folks: So glad to see Walt Tenay come on strong with a huge post. I have had several dealings with this merchant, and I concure with everything stated about him. Remember---all you big ticket buyers---often what you buy, is not nearly as important as where you bought it. I can recall many dealors of various products, that out-discounted everybody--of course they are not in business anymore. So keep playing, keep buying, keep trying, keep happy, and keep posting. Cheers ARJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online