SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62341 - 05/04/06 01:06 PM Info about the KESO-site
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best musicfriends,
it seems that my serverspace on KESO has reached its limit. Updating/hiring extra MB's with the same provider is too expensive (related to marketprices and the contract starts then for another year) and the contract ends about a couple of months. So I have to consider what to do now ?? Moving (at this moment) to another provider causes double costs, besides the costs of moving the domainname and is rather time consuming to move the whole site etc.etc.
For the time being I have to decide to 'frozen' new contributions, which I personally don't like at all ;(.
Mmmm, problems, problems, something to think about coming days
Sorry for any inconvenience and I will inform you when or if and how any solutions are made.
Best greetings,
Cees

#62342 - 05/04/06 02:00 PM Re: Info about the KESO-site
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Cees,

Sounds like a tough decision.
Maybe a pay-pal donation account is needed, or perhaps older files can be archived somewhere.

In any case, I hope for the best, as your site is a great service for KN7000 owners.

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#62343 - 05/04/06 03:02 PM Re: Info about the KESO-site
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Cees,
How much space would it take to archive the present files?
Walt

#62344 - 05/05/06 02:27 AM Re: Info about the KESO-site
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Cees - You have done a really tremendous job for us with your site and I am truly sorry to read about the current situation you are in.

To release some space on the present site I have written and suggested you take some of my recordings out and release some space. I am happy for you to do this and I would also be happy to make a monetary contribution to the further running of the site in whatever form it may take

I do hope that you can continue in some form or other......Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 05-05-2006).]

#62345 - 05/05/06 03:03 AM Re: Info about the KESO-site
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Cees,

Pay Pal or whatever it takes, you have my support for a top drawer web site.

Fran in SC

#62346 - 05/05/06 03:50 AM Re: Info about the KESO-site
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Why not do a Google-search for "free of charge" serverspace, spread the files, edit your links and you're ready to carry on.

Happy Playing & Web-Site building
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62347 - 05/05/06 12:34 PM Re: Info about the KESO-site
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hey Cees,

How much space do you now have and do you want to get. I have moved my site to another hosting provider. Moving my domain (vision-4-life.net) to the new provider did not succeeed becasue the registrar of the old provider failed. So I decided to take another domain:
http://vision-4-life.nl

you can send me email (info@vision-4-life.nl) if you want to discuss this matter in Dutch

Regards, Fred Mellink

#62348 - 05/05/06 12:44 PM Re: Info about the KESO-site
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi all,
thanks for your fine and warm reactions. I will consider all options you made, which are helpfull to make a future decision.
I received also heartwarming (personal) email from several musicfriends. To my opinion sharing our hobby and the fine interaction between worldwide friends, generates so much positive energy, that 'closing' KESO at this moment is absolutely no option for me. Thanks for your ideas, I will work them out and will let you hear the results. I intend to made my decision before the 1st of June.
Warm regards,
Cees
P.S. Joan, one of my goals/phylosophy with KESO is sharing music, without any limits or frontieres. So any guest player must have the opportunity the send in one or eg. twohundred songs. Your contributions/songs are great and very appreciated and many visitors enjoyed them. That's why I am looking for more serverspace. I want at least break the 1000-songs milestone and even more for there are still millions beautifull songs around the world A few thousand on the KN7000, why not??

#62349 - 05/06/06 10:20 PM Re: Info about the KESO-site
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Cees,

Sorry to hear you're having site problems. The 'Jaybirds' material you have on Keso, must surely use up quite a bit of capacity. Might I suggest you seriously consider deleting 15 or so of the older 'back numbers'. And hopefully, this suggestion will help you in arriving at any firm decisions.

All the Jaybirds are most grateful to you, for your generosity in allowing us to present our wares to a wider audience. But it is doubtful whether any of our earlier sequences are now any longer referred to. So by all means, consider the 'big chop'.

And if this helps, all well and good. - You have the best wishes of all 4 of us, and I'm sure, the best wishes of everybody on Synthzone.

Colin

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online