SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#61884 - 04/24/05 12:04 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BERNIE & technicsplayer/ALEC?....Thank you for your responses. Both have been very helpful.

ELIZABETH

#61885 - 04/24/05 12:37 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
technicsplayer Offline

#61886 - 04/24/05 01:09 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
As for starting a topic, John C is a music teacher,and has my vote for Creator No 1.

Bernie
Thank you so much, Love John C.

#61887 - 04/24/05 04:01 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BERNIE9....Just to set the record straight...

For me there is no such thing as a dumb question. Only those that are NOT asked are dumb!

Also please note that fear of anything anyone might say about what I ask, what I do, or what I think is of no interest or consequence to my being.

Be at ease with yourself....I am with me...

HAPPY TRAILS!

#61888 - 04/24/05 06:34 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
bruno123 Offline

I am not very concerned about getting discouraged. If it does not go well I’m off to another interesting subject. I do appreciate the impute given, now let’s go on from here.

Technical problems which I know little of:

If I decided to start with “How to Improvise”, there are some needs.

How is it possible to post written music in the same way ScottYee posted his pictures.
We would start with simple music, which would give those who do not read a chance to see how easy it can be.

I would love to see posts from many of the forum members on each subject keeping in mind that you are giving, helping and adding to this forum. Negative remarks will be ignored, then off to the next subject. After many of the forum members I am not anticipating negative remarks. I may be a dreamer, but I feel this can work. As soon as solve the problem of written music I will give it a go.

I’m staying positive, John C.

#61889 - 04/24/05 06:51 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
John, I think you have an excellent idea. I would want to participate and help with file conversions if you need. I have been working with some of the stuff that you kindly gave us at the Jam. I can easily convert sheet music to something that could be displayed like Scott did with his pictures. BUT, it is important that only public domain music or music that has been written by one of the participants be used on the forum. We don’t want to cause problems for Nigel with copyright issues.

#61890 - 04/24/05 10:50 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
My insight to this discussion is that, every issue that is presented and posted by every one of us is truly valuable, for long and life learning adventure. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and concerns in this forum. I myself learned and still learning tremendous from your questions and your insights on our superb Techniques instrument.

Doron

#61891 - 04/25/05 05:11 AM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bob Hendershot wrote: "BUT, it is important that only public domain music or music that has been written by one of the participants be used on the forum."

Maybe the "Jay Birds" music, which we can all acquire, can be used with Colin Leaney's permission.

Fran in Florida

#61892 - 04/26/05 07:20 PM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
bruno123 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
John, I think you have an excellent idea. I would want to participate and help with file conversions if you need. I have been working with some of the stuff that you kindly gave us at the Jam. I can easily convert sheet music to something that could be displayed like Scott did with his pictures. BUT, it is important that only public domain music or music that has been written by one of the participants be used on the forum. We don’t want to cause problems for Nigel with copyright issues.

Bob, sorry for the delay. The music I will be using at the beginning will be a simple original melody line or a song like like merrily we roll along -- ect. Seeing it written is far better than saying go up a half tone or use two half tones.

Bob, thank you for the interest and support it feels good. This is going to be fun. Although I start and moniter the subject/posts I will not forget that it belongs to everyone and not myself. Fun for all, something to do, something to learn, something to give.

Thanks, John C.

#61893 - 04/30/05 03:17 AM Re: An idea about about posting a subject
bruno123 Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
[B]John, I think you have an excellent idea. I would want to participate and help with file conversions if you need.

Bob, I want to get this idea going and I do need your help. ScottYee offered to help also. There is so much happening right now but I want this to be a priority. Talk to you soon.

John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online