SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61825 - 06/27/03 11:40 AM Brass Band Style
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I grew up in an area surrounded by Coal Mines and Steel works - sadly most of which have now have closed. Some of them had their own brass band and gave tuition to would-be music lovers to learn how to play an instrument and therefore nurture a love of music that will always give themselves and others a great deal of pleasure.

This is a type of music which I love and recently watching a local competition one particular band played the melody 'He Aint Heavy, He's my Brother' it was beautiful - a most moving experience which gave a new dimension to this lovely song.

I have been tinkering about with the Sound registrations - there is a Brass Band on the KN7 - then I had a thought, perhaps one or more of you has already got a style/arrangement of Brass Band type which they would like to share - if so I would be very pleased to hear from them.

Regards Joan

#61826 - 06/27/03 05:20 PM Re: Brass Band Style
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Joan,
Would you please tell me what style on the 7K is close to what you are looking for. I have a great many Composer patterns and would be pleased to help if I can.
Frank

#61827 - 06/28/03 03:10 AM Re: Brass Band Style
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
EEEEE Lass! Ist tha goin t' play sum proper musik then - wi lots o tripple tongin'? Mak shure thas got tha snap wi thee and dinna blaw tae hard.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#61828 - 06/28/03 12:32 PM Re: Brass Band Style
Joan Offline

To Bill - I had a good laugh at your comment

Fellow forum readers, you may or may not know, Bill is now living in the county that I grew up in and he probably hears this sort of accent all the time!!! Just marginally better than the accent of where he was raised It was one of your songs in your latest collection that started me off on this subject i.e. He aint heavy he's my brother.

Hi Frank - thank you for your offer. I have sent you direct, two of my efforts at Brass Band Sounds and realised after I read your reply that I had mis-led you when I asked for Styles, the correct thing to have said was "sound registrations" Brass Band music does not need a "beat" as such. I have had a good session today sussing some things out and therefore owe my thanks to you Frank as your reply spurred me on to send you something to show you where I am at and thank you Bill for starting me off in the first place - your 'He aint heavy' is a great recording anyway. Will send you my Brass Band rendition when I have it.

Joan

#61829 - 06/28/03 12:35 PM Re: Brass Band Style
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
Joan

I too am interested where the brass band style is on the KN7.

Regards

Brian

#61830 - 06/28/03 04:45 PM Re: Brass Band Style
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
EEEEEEEE! Lads n' Lasses, look out for a bit of t' Brighouse n' Rastrick

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#61831 - 06/29/03 12:20 AM Re: Brass Band Style
Joan Offline

Hi Brian - the Brass Band I referred to is a "sound" in the Sound Group BRASS.

I will send you direct a song which will include some "sounds" you may wish to use.

Joan

#61832 - 06/29/03 07:14 AM Re: Brass Band Style
Brian Goodison Offline

Hi Joan

Yes I have found it .
Many thanks. Now I can imagine I am in the Grimthorpe Collierly Band

Regards

Brian

#61833 - 07/01/03 04:42 AM Re: Brass Band Style
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
We have Brass Bands in the south too you know, in my case the Swindon area !. I too am a "Brasso" ( I play principal Eb Bass in our local band ). One of my personal favourites is an arrangement of "Amazing Grace" that always sends a shiver down my spine. Please could you good people forward any ideas for sound registrations to me, but please bear in mind that I am a lessor mortal who still has his, much-loved, Kn6500

Thanks in anticipation

Keith

#61834 - 07/01/03 06:35 AM Re: Brass Band Style
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Goodison:
[B]Hi Joan

Yes I have found it .
Many thanks. Now I can imagine I am in the Grimthorpe Collierly Band

Hi Brian
Did you really mean the 'Grimthorpe' Colliery Band rather than the Grimethorpe???
John

#61835 - 07/01/03 11:03 AM Re: Brass Band Style
Brian Goodison Offline

John
I could have said Crimethorpe.

Joan
Thanks for all the "Tunes"

regards

Brian

#61836 - 07/01/03 12:11 PM Re: Brass Band Style
Joan Offline

Hi Keith - look in the Brass and Sax Woodwind rhythm groups. French Horns, Cornet, Brass Band, Marching Tuba, English horn, Oboe etc., Can't send you my sounds as the KN6500 will not read KN7 files.

Have a go - there are some beautiful sounds and combinations - well worth it - Joan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online