SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61672 - 11/14/04 06:19 AM Buy this for yourself for Christmas
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I have just purchased for myself Rod Stewarts' Great American Songbook Volume III

This CD has 15 great standards of the 30s 40s etc., Stardust, A Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square, Manhattan etc., backed mainly by full orchestra and great horn/sax trills.

His version of Wonderful World featuring Stevie Wonder playing, made my scalp tingle to listen to it. Best £10 I have spent this year. Joan

#61673 - 11/14/04 07:08 AM Re: Buy this for yourself for Christmas
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
When my problems are solved I buy me a SDExplorer from Fred, as a Christmas present.

Jack

#61674 - 11/14/04 08:48 AM Re: Buy this for yourself for Christmas
Joan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
When my problems are solved I buy me a SDExplorer from Fred, as a Christmas present.

Jack

I am presently looking at your SD card - there are three named folder, one is blank, one looks as they are Christmas sequences. Will tell you more later. Joan

#61675 - 11/14/04 11:39 AM Re: Buy this for yourself for Christmas
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
I would say this is the best of the three he has made. He says that's it, but I doubt it!! For a followup try, Westlife-Allow me to be Frank- Really good, and, as Rod has, had the sense to surround himself with talented musicians. Walter

#61676 - 11/14/04 11:48 AM Re: Buy this for yourself for Christmas
Joan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
I would say this is the best of the three he has made. He says that's it, but I doubt it!! For a followup try, Westlife-Allow me to be Frank- Really good, and, as Rod has, had the sense to surround himself with talented musicians. Walter

Hi Walt - I have the Volume 1 version and now the III - I somehow missed the Vol II. Will have to put it on my other Christmas list - Joan

#61677 - 11/14/04 03:52 PM Re: Buy this for yourself for Christmas
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Got all three volumes - can't stop playing them It's great to see new singers giving fresh life to this wonderful music. The next one I'm looking forward to is the soundtrack of the Kevin Spacey film, about the life of Bobby Darin. I've heard some of the tracks and they are super - the big band is absolutely out of this world!!
It is not released until 22nd November but I already have my order in. If any one is interested, you can pre-order at Amazon.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#61678 - 11/15/04 01:57 AM Re: Buy this for yourself for Christmas
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Got all three volumes - can't stop playing them It's great to see new singers giving fresh life to this wonderful music.

Hi Bill

I hope Rod Stewart visits the Synthzone. It would make his day to be described as a 'new singer'

Signed An Old Swinger

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online