SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6167 - 09/18/03 06:26 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Debasser!
For it's size and price the Z-1 was crippled on dynamic voice allocation and had no useful software support, not to mention simplified Master FX setup. And there are many other stupid issues. It's a shame that Korg screwed up and didn't focus on fully developing that synth. I guess comparing to my favorite DX7 the Z-1 is heaven, but from nowadays point of view it's a bit underdeveloped. Don't get me wrong it's a killer synth, but Korg could've done a better job. But while I'm at it any synth's got it's ups & downs.
ED

#6168 - 09/22/03 06:16 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
Anonymous
Unregistered

<---bumps gone down, ready for another crack in the head (whacha tryin ta do? tickle me?)
Excellent Postings so far guys, lets keep posting now that the 8 bar intro was done sensationally!
...-tek congrats on the lexi. That's phukin XLNT man. I love that shit. Whatta unit that thing is huh! It can actually make a turdish line sound decent. If it were not for that unit, sometimes I think I'd be on a street corner w/a tin cup.
...3351 is no doubt our FM liason FM synthesis has some major points to it, like building up a tone or timbre to duplicate either what you hear or what's in your head. I've found that real good FM's can put it on in a big way,...even blow away a Kurz in a sound match up, and it looks like Ed's got us dialed in.
...FAEb GBD first time I ever used that Nemesys creation my head was spinnin. I remember back in my hard scotch days, pouring a glass and saying, 'Nah I must be hearing shit. That sounds too good to be soft generated. When the Giga first came out, it put it's foot down and squashed everything else that was soft and said No. THIS is how it is done. Man, you've got some fun ahead of you!
...Our Uncle is right. Someday you may see a pony runnin round with a boot stuck in it's ass. No doubt one of the units either I or one of us has given the royal discharge. Lean and tight is where it's at. There's no room in life for shwagish schlag and being piped in like the Borg to where you can't even leave your station without a 60Hz buzz created by your absence from being the living ground.10 zillion wires runnin everywhere. Yup Dave, were OVER IT too. Lean, clean & tight is where it's at.
In between the household everythings Dave, have fun & enjoy the Tyros!
...RW allright! Yahmee partner hits on his big boy synth. The S90 is the serious man's "Game's Over!" synth. The creativity factor of that final word synth will mush the new material in the face. Nobody dare talk shit about the S90 because they would just sound stupid, or they're just not knowin whats up.
...Debasser keep rockin that Z1. Those rip to shreads sounds put subwoofer's on their knees. Korg I hear is gonna have a suprise coming your way soon that will be all that and a bag a chips too! They'll put it out as soon as they find the final stash they misplaced that they're putting in the new release.
...sk880user I have to agree SX is everything VST is plus much much more. We need a liason like you cawse I tell ya, I get lost sometimes w/ Steinberg Software. I wind up looking for SX stuff in VST and VST menu items in SX and I'm getting all mixed up. I have an SX license too. (all my shit has to be in case the fuzz ever wants to raid my crypt!) I'd probably be best going straight on to N2 eh? What do you think? I wont need SX for wav because I use CEP 2.3 for wav w/ my own trasforms CEP takes in mids but only can place them wherever in their own channel signal factor that's overlayed.

Brothers!,Musicians!, Producers!, remember..., we are the music. The music must never stop.
Play a new tune, with a loud noise. May we all be blessed by our God and see a new, brighter tomorrow. May our universal language keep us forever unified.

Lastly I say farewell to a friend of us all, a great musician who would carry his entire kit down Pacific Coast Highway foot by foot to make it to a gig. In memory of William "Duffy" Krueger Percussionist, Guitarist. Duffy could put together something from nothing and would stick with it till the girls were screaming, dancing and having fun. I remember backing off from his flying sweat zone around his kit and twirling wood fragments flying everywhere. That man would strike his drum and raise grandmothers from their chairs to dance.

Please read:
God bless you Duffy. Thanks for your astouding contribution to music. You will be missed. May their be the special place you deserve in heaven.

Endless thanks to all of you!
MORPH!

PS: Keep Posting!
.peace.

#6169 - 09/23/03 02:21 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Morph,

Well, Ask yourself one question:

1) do you need to do any post production work?

If yes, go for Nuendo2

If not, go for SX2 (version 2 is shipping now and it has many of Nuendo 2 features already + whole lot more).

Upgrade from SX->SX2 is $150 only.

#6170 - 09/23/03 07:38 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Morph,
That was the most personal, positive post I've seen in a while. You brough a little light to a sometimes dark place. Peace back at cha.

#6171 - 09/23/03 08:00 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Thanks Morph.
It's always good to hear some positive things about FM.

ED

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 09-23-2003).]

#6172 - 09/26/03 12:19 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sk880user,

heel yeah it's post production. If you only heard some of the stuff I have to buff up. I don't know who told everybody to take their turds to me to have polished. Crossing over to Nuendo2 today.

I love changes actually. LOL that should be no suprise with a name like mine LOL.
MORPH!

#6173 - 09/28/03 11:00 AM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
cBas Offline

what about the kurzweils?

#6174 - 09/28/03 11:06 AM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
tekminus Offline

Mine works still. A K2000R with 8MB of RAM. I use it as a drummachine these days
Occasionally it gets to do some strings, when I feel like having real strings.

-tek

#6175 - 09/28/03 11:09 AM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
cBas Offline

Im actually trying to sell my kurzweil, a friend convinced me to try and go all software, or as much software as possible. I think the only hard synth I will keep is my kawai K5000S.

#6176 - 09/28/03 06:45 PM Re: What's "the best synth"? (j/k)
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Morph,

I actually did the same. You will get two licenses on the same dongle. So you will be able to use both SX and N2

Furthermore, N2.1 is coming in october for free for those who own N2. It will contain many new midi features.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online