SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#61344 - 06/28/03 11:00 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Does it show in your manual what the missing voices are on the 2400 as compared to the 2600? I wonder if these are some far out ones nobody would use or if it would be like the Yamaha Cool, Sweet and Live voices? I think Technics refers to those kind of voices as Solo voices??

Do you know if you can save personal drawbar setting in a preset?

Thanx

Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-28-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-28-2003).]

#61345 - 06/29/03 05:49 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400
FlutteringBy Offline

Loc: Northern Canada
Hi Scott,

No, my manual doesn't say which sounds are on the 2600 that are not on the 2400....I think if you did a Google search for Technics kn2400 & another one for Technics 2600, you'll get a better spec listing....

I don't have one of the glossy give aways that outlines that info....and as for saving a personal drawbar setting in a preset, I don't know....I haven't played with the drawbars yet....

Maybe someone else will be along who has that knowledge...

Sorry I couldn't help you....

FlutteringBy

#61346 - 06/29/03 07:15 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400

Thanx Flutteringby

So far the spec sheets only show style categories like pop, country, swing etc.

I sure would have thought these two new critters would use the same owners manual and the individual styles and voices would be listed in the specification section.

Scott Langholff

#61347 - 06/29/03 10:43 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400

Hello

Could you explain a little about using the disk for external styles? Like how many styles fit on a disk? How long does it take to go from one style to another after each song? Are the styles you got all set to go or do they need tweeking?

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#61348 - 06/30/03 11:24 AM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400
FlutteringBy Offline

Hi Scott,

Yes, you are correct....both boards use the same manual, but there is no detailed listing of the sounds....I guess because there is a button called "Sound Explorer" which lists all the available sounds on the display....

As for the music styles....I can get 20 per disk, the same as my kn1000 did....some styles are as I like them & some need tweeking....once I have the style set up as I want it, I then save it in one of my panel memories (there are 24 memories instantly available)& when those 24 memories are filled, I can save them on a floppy & start again...

As for loading a new style into the board, it takes about 10-15 sec....

To me this is still a new board & I'm finding things out everyday....the one main thing I haven't figured out yet is how to save the foot switch function to disk.....but it may be hiding in the customization feature.....

FlutteringBy

#61349 - 06/30/03 01:13 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400

Hey Flutteringby

Have you tried this site yet? These are all free. Tons of them. I think this is the site the regulars are referring to.
http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp

Curious to see how these work for you.

So you are saying it takes 15-20 seconds to go from one loaded style to another? Yikes sounds as slow as my old KN1000. OK for the hobbyist but a little too long for live performance.

Scott

#61350 - 06/30/03 02:16 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Scott,
an sd card loads a style in 2 to 3 seconds.
( on my kn7)
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

So you are saying it takes 15-20 seconds to go from one loaded style to another? Yikes sounds as slow as my old KN1000. OK for the hobbyist but a little too long for live performance.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#61351 - 06/30/03 04:29 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400
FlutteringBy Offline

Hi Scott,

It does take 10-15 seconds to change styles....but those are styles that are not already loaded into the panel memory....when they're in the panel memory, they're instantly available.....

So when we play anywhere, I have the styles that we're currently using preloaded & set up in the 24 panel memories, & find I rarely have to use a disk....unless we get a very odd request..... ...I use the disks more as an archive & keep the current styles always set up in the panel memories...

That looks like an excellent site, I wasn't aware of it.....thanks for passing it along, I'll have to check it out....

FlutteringBy

#61352 - 06/30/03 07:03 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400

Aha! so that's the trick.

I believe some of the Yamaha players set their boards like this. In the past I haven't. I have stayed more like the way a Lowrey organ might be programmed. I sell and teach on the Lowrey.

I'm a little hazy though about what right hand sounds can be used. Is there a freeze button or something so if let's say in registration memory #1 I have a bossa nova, am I able to lock that style in and still use the voice presets on #2-8? I used to have a KN1000 so I understand about what I guess they call P1,P2 and left, or something to that effect. Some of my language may be slipping into Yamaha talk but I hope you get the idea.

So you use it to play out? I'd love to hear about that.

I am thinking now of getting the KN2400 and use it with my PSR2000. Very possibly the best of both worlds as there is no one keyboard that's great at everything..I was thinking of getting a Tyros which sound great, but I do like the idea of having more variety of GOOD sounding styles and voices for my enjoyment and the audience, and I also have a back-up. This is my thinking currently anyway, might change by tomorrow, I'll have to see once I learn more about the new KN's.

Best

Scott Langholff

#61353 - 07/01/03 08:16 PM Re: Setting Up a Kn 2400
FlutteringBy Offline

Hi Scott,

I had to think about your question, & as I understand it, the answer is no....if you had a bossa nova set up in panel memory 1, the moment you pressed memory 2, that's what it would change to.....now, you could have any number of memories set up with bossa nova, different instruments, & access them that way....

Or, you could, using bossa nova as an example, set the bossa nova rhythm in memory 1, & also setting sounds for Right 1, & Right 2; & any other special settings you want....then, when you start your song, start with the sound in Right 1; either play the entire song or the first part then switch to the sound in Right 2; play for however long, then combine the 2 sounds, then go back to Right 1 alone, but with the techni-chord on & either a higher or lower octave & so on.....if you keep changing the combinations, adding the performance pads for a few bars etc, will make you sound like a whole orchestra....

Just one of many ways to set up a board...

FlutteringBy

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online