SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#61113 - 03/20/03 12:08 PM Re: Just Received my Getting the Most from KN7000
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
The overall enthusiasm about the book made me order one through Technote this evening. Also the fact that it is written by an expert (I experienced that myself when I had a problem) made the decision easy for me.
I hope to receive it within a couple of days.
Bert

#61114 - 03/21/03 08:09 AM Re: Just Received my Getting the Most from KN7000
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I finally took some time to start reading. Wow, the book is GREAT! Written well, easy to follow, and chock full of great "tips"! I found things I had learned "the hard way" all explained clearly - lots of suggestions to try features I hadn't explored yet, and so many little "tips"! And I've only read the first ~30 pages so far.

Having the CD is a great addition. I liked that track with "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" with a great so-realistic sounding guitar. I hope to find out via the book what style that is!

GREAT BOOK!
Jim

#61115 - 03/22/03 02:08 AM Re: Just Received my Getting the Most from KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

Congratulations Jim, I have been patiently waiting for someone to actually have tried the demos and comment on them.

You are the first to recognise a true KN7000 "mega-voice" produced in an identical fashion to certain other mega-voices out there

In fact it is not a preset, it has been produced in sound edit and composer and you can use the style yourself as described in 8.02.

Isn't it amazing just what the KN7000 can do?

thanks very much for your comments

#61116 - 03/22/03 02:27 PM Re: Just Received my Getting the Most from KN7000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Alex,
I doubt any of us had truly realized what our KN7's are capable of. Especially when it came to that little postage stamp size SD card.

I bought my KN7 because basically it's an all in one package and it sounds great, and the styles suit the type of music I enjoy.
You can edit and create styles on board. ( No external software neccesary). It has an amazing inbuilt sequencer with great editing facilties. ( No external sequencer required) It has great sound editing capabilties etc etc.
The one thing that the keyboard salesman didn't know much about was it's SD card functions.

In short, the SD Audio writing Kit. His explanation centred round the fact that I could transfer audio cd's and listen to them through the KN7. No thank you, I prefer to listen to them via my hifi. I put purchasing that bit of software & equipment on the back burner, untill recently, when a friend lent me his to play around with.
WOW, what an amazing bit of equipment and all the things that are possible. I had managed to work out quite a few of the functions before I received Alec's book, but it helped me fill in a lot of the gaps, plus gave me some new ideas to try.

Another feature that I personally found a bit useless was the Slide Show. That was until I realized the possibility of using the pictures as a sheet music to play along with ( again thanks to the book). I haven't got pic's as clear as Alec's demo, yet, but I'm working on it. Saves flicking through trying to find the correct sheet music for a particular song. Instead, it's part of your sequence.

As I said earlier, I doubt any of us were totally aware of what this machine could do.

Thank you Alec for opening our eyes to it's amazing potential.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
Congratulations Jim, I have been patiently waiting for someone to actually have tried the demos and comment on them.

You are the first to recognise a true KN7000 "mega-voice" produced in an identical fashion to certain other mega-voices out there

In fact it is not a preset, it has been produced in sound edit and composer and you can use the style yourself as described in 8.02.

Isn't it amazing just what the KN7000 can do?

thanks very much for your comments

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#61117 - 03/23/03 02:31 AM Re: Just Received my Getting the Most from KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

Rikki, your words make all the work involved worthwhile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online