SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60913 - 10/10/03 11:43 AM Making my own rhythm ???
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Did you know you have thousends of composerrhythms in your KN7000??? Really 100% authentic KN7 makings? With little effort you can easily make your own composer-rhythms with your own 'touch'! ....
If you are known with the easy-composer feature you can skip this post or give some other hints , but for those who are still unknown with this I am so free to point at this great feature and it is so simple that I hardly have to explain the working
1. Think about what kind of rhythm you whish and on what tempo
2. choose a rhythm in the near of it and set the tempo
3. press [program menus]
4. press [composer]
5. press [easy composer]
et voila... in your screen you see in a matrix:
* part* : this is related to the accompagniment of the composerparts
* style*: the build-in (and composer) rhythms
* vari* : the related variations
6. After changing/searching throught the menu you simply press [set] and you can hear immediately the results! And so on.

N.B. 1: I use to set all the *vari* on [OFF] (exept the first, which cannot set on [OFF]) and start with Basdrum&snare and then worked it out downwards.

Please give it a try and I am curious about your reaction
Happy making-your-own-rhythming ...
Cees

P.S. interesting stuff? Take also a look at the pattern-copy-feature? Especially page 2!

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 10-10-2003).]

#60914 - 10/10/03 01:23 PM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Now you are starting to understand just how fabulous these keyboards are. It's amazing what they can do, and probably only a few people have ever covered everything possible. You can also use any style off the internet and rebuild it to your liking. Use an ugly style as a springboard and make it into something exciting. I always have trouble with drums and pianos, but still, with time and the step record feature you can build a rhythm track note by note. Great, huh? Keep experimenting!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 10-10-2003).]

#60915 - 10/10/03 03:46 PM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Cees,
it is a great feature, but it can also be a bit hit & miss as you don't really know what you're going to scroll up in the 5 accompaniment parts ie it can be anything from piano to string to brass. So it can end up being a bit time consuming scrolling thru all the parts, when looking for a particular type of part.

I actually ended up recording all the separate parts as midifiles and printed them up in notation format, so that I could categorize them ( haven't finished yet) so that if I'm looking for string pads I just scroll the string pad parts and see which one best fits the pattern I'm creating. Saves scrolling through all the parts.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#60916 - 10/10/03 11:59 PM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Rikki,
you're quit right about your remarks on the making of a new arrangement. It just depends on the creativity and/or talents of the maker to let it fit, to let it sound good. As there are 5 tracks for accompagnying, it just will not say one have to use all those tracks. Using the mute-button (or/and the PM-settings) gives various posibilities. The art of making own composerrhythms is to my opinion mostly to leave out accompagnimentparts, simplicity is the keyword.
You're idea is great. Allthought some group of people are 'do-its' (if you understand ). They like to do, feel,hear, trial and error; as there are other who likes the structured way you are working on. A thought job!
For me I am really interested in your final result, please keep me/us posted? Much appreciated and in some way; why am I not surprised you did this , thanks,
regards
Cees

#60917 - 10/11/03 01:08 AM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Cees,
if /when I finally sort these style parts ( easy composer phrases) into some sort of list,ie which ones are pads, which ones are arpeggio's, etc I'll be happy to share with the group members ( that is if anyone is actually interested) I have to try and work out the best way of cataloging them first.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s. I'm forever thinking up these strange projects instead of practicing my playing. Haahaa

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#60918 - 10/11/03 05:25 AM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Cees,
if /when I finally sort these style parts ( easy composer phrases) into some sort of list,ie which ones are pads, which ones are arpeggio's, etc I'll be happy to share with the group members ( that is if anyone is actually interested) I have to try and work out the best way of cataloging them first.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s. I'm forever thinking up these strange projects instead of practicing my playing. Haahaa

Dear Rikki,

I, for one, would DEFINITELY be interested!! keep us informed!

Ted

#60919 - 10/11/03 05:57 AM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi Rikki,
ME TOO!
Regards,
Walt

#60920 - 10/11/03 11:18 AM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
I tried it and liked it very much. I don't understand what the column of "Variations" does. I tried changing the numbers but noticed no difference in the output.

Can anyone clarify.

Thanks,

Larry

#60921 - 10/11/03 11:54 AM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
technicsplayer Offline

every time you make a change press the set switch.

#60922 - 10/11/03 10:01 PM Re: Making my own rhythm ???
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bud,
have you tried using pattern copy page 2.

A friend recently sent me a wersi style that I really liked ( jazz / swing type of style). I planned on converting it to kn7 style. Biggest problem I had was the drums, I just couldn't get them sounding okay..
What I ended up doing was loading the
( converted) wersi style into the composer. Then using pattern copy ( page 2) I scrolled through the drum patterns of similar styles onboard the kn7 till I found some that suited the wersi style. I then replaced the wersi drum parts with kn7 drum parts. Now the style sounds better.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
[B]You can also use any style off the internet and rebuild it to your liking. Use an ugly style as a springboard and make it into something exciting. I always have trouble with drums and pianos, but still, with time and the step record feature you can build a rhythm track note by note.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online