SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60824 - 05/08/03 04:05 AM Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
"The moment you walk in the joint" CLICK CLICK.The problem is that the dancers are too far away from the mikes for the finger clicks to register and I need to find a way to get them into the music. Is there a PAD with a fingersnap on it? I have tried all the drum sounds and nothing there quite realistic enough. Has anyone a suggestion please? Cheers .Jean .

#60825 - 05/08/03 10:50 PM Re: Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Problem half solved !!! I found a sound that may do the job. the lowest D key in the BRUSH KIT is pretty good. Now all I have to do is get it onto a pad so that I can use it.I will save it as there are so many songs with this sound added-or rather so many dance tracks. Cheers Jean.

#60826 - 05/08/03 10:59 PM Re: Click- Click.
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Jean,

This may sound silly but it isn't. Years ago when I needed similar effects in a recording I would use different household items to create the sound I was searching for. I would have a mic set up and, for example, bang two spoons together (bottom side to bottom side) to provide a clicking sound and record it. It is surprising how well it worked. If you have two plastic bowl scrapers, bang the handles together and record that sound. Who knows, maybe you will find the perfect finger "click"!

Best Regards,

Chuck

#60827 - 05/09/03 05:14 AM Re: Click- Click.
technicsplayer Offline

initialise, then select wood block from the mallet group.

go to program menus and press sound edit and then tone.

under tone name press up 8 times till you get to finger snap.

then exit and write, change the name to finger snap in sound naming, select a memory number, say 1, and press ok.

go back to program menus, press performance pads, then bank A.

select pad 1 then then press clear the pad.

press part 1 at the bottom and then press the stop button to stop the metronome.

press step record then select your finger click from the sound memory group and hit a suitable key that gives a click you like, for example F4.

exit your way out, and try pad 1.

now save the file (with all off on page 2 of the save page but sound and pads YES) to your SD and you have it available at any time.

you can experiment with an alternative starting sound to the wood block in order to achieve a different timbre of snap without having to bother with more detail sound editing if you want.

I'll walk out the joint (click, click)

#60828 - 05/09/03 05:18 AM Re: Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Hi Chuck. I am picturing you recording with all the pots and pans. I could do as you suggest but I really want it on the floppy as I use it so much and I want it to always sound exactly the same. My first effort did not pass but I tried again with USER KIT for the drumkit and C#5 for the click, but I am still not happy with it-- the right sound must be there somewhere.I have filled up the pads with some to try out so heres hoping Cheers, Jeani

#60829 - 05/09/03 05:27 AM Re: Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Thank you Alec. I knew it must be hiding somewhere. It is past my bedtime so I will make a fresh start tomorrow and follow your very clear directions--"I KNEW YOU WERE A MAN OF DISTINCTION".Best reguards Jean.

#60830 - 05/09/03 06:17 AM Re: Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Couldn't sleep until I tried it out and it is PERFECT. Thank you again for all the trouble you go to to help us.Jean.

#60831 - 05/09/03 06:47 AM Re: Click- Click.
technicsplayer Offline

you're very welcome.

#60832 - 05/09/03 10:47 AM Re: Click- Click.
Mike ORegan Offline

"hey Big Spender" sounds better with a couple of notes on TIMPANI.

#60833 - 05/09/03 09:52 PM Re: Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Mike. If you are "GOOD LOOKING AND SO REFINED" you might give me a few more details, please, I have a 6500 (temporarily)Cheers Jean.

#60834 - 05/10/03 12:18 AM Re: Click- Click.
Mike ORegan Offline

Hi Jean (hygene ;>)),
Just use TIMPANI to record the two notes - DOMINANT (lower) and TONIC (higher) into your User Performance Pad. So, for instance, if you are playing in the key of C, the notes would be G (low) and C (four notes higher). If you are in F, then C (low) and F (four notes higher) are the notes. OK? If you had a 7000, I would do it for you.
Great-grandpa (honest) Mike

#60835 - 05/11/03 05:54 AM Re: Click- Click.
Jean Olivia Offline

Thanks Mike. I sequenced the notes in on another track. Sounds good. Don't worry about your age - I'm in the same age group, but I had my first lesson on Bongo drums yesterday and I think I've got a future there!!!Cheers Jean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online