SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60710 - 03/02/03 05:57 AM 'Copy to SD' problem
MeBob Offline

Loc: Clermont,Florida,USA
Hi All,

I'm having a problem utilizing the 'Copy to SD-Card' function in the K7000-SD-Tool' (V 1.0.87).
The Browse funtion does not see the files (Technic) located in a folder on my PC's hard drive.

Could I be doing something wrong? I don't want to bother Thomas if it's my 'cockpit' problem.
Here is what I'm doing. Any advice would be appreciated:

I first downloaded Bill Norrie's latest songs (.zip) and extracted them to a folder locaded on my hard drive.
I then opened the KN7000-SD-Card Tool and selected the 'Copy to SD' function.
I then used 'Browse' to selct the folder on my PC where the extracted files reside.
I am able to see and select the folder, but the Tool does not see the files. Am I missunderstanding the fuction of 'Copy to SD' ?

I had no problem nameing the songs in the folder using the Tool, but had to resort to copying the files to the SD-Card folder using Windows Explorer and then using a HEX Editor to specify the file names in the .inf file. I did this in lieu of using the floppy transfer technique.
Can anyone straighten me out?

Bob Riffle in SUNNY Florida

#60711 - 03/02/03 09:35 AM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Could be the location of the files on your hard drive.

Any Technic files that I want to copy to the SDCard Tool, I download to a "New Folder" in "My documents".

For me the The SDCard Tool has no problem reading and copying from this location. I use WinXP, so your system may be not work the same.

Good Luck,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60712 - 03/03/03 04:55 AM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
MeBob Offline

Larry,
Tried your suggestion and it make no difference where the un-ziped folder resides.
Copy-to-SD function just does not see the files. What is peculiar is that it does see previously stored Technic format files in other folders. I'm using Windows ME.
Bob in Florida

#60713 - 03/03/03 07:58 AM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I may be having yet another 'Senior Moment' , or like MeBob, I am just misunderstanding the operation of the program. I am also having trouble getting the SD-Card Tool (Ver. 1.0.87) to read KN7000 files, on my hard drive. I can't see a way to load the files. The only active tools on the top menu are 'Read from Card', 'Configure your SD Drive', 'Info' and 'Help' (which is not available at present). Everything else is inactive until I load some data from my SD Card, when the whole panel comes alive. If I then select Copy to SD-Card/Browse, I can navigate to the appropriate folder but then... nothing! It's as if the files in the folder are not in the correct format to load into the editor.
So, Larry, how did you load your files?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60714 - 03/03/03 10:27 AM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Bill & MeBob
With the SD card reader connnected and a card in it:
1. 'Read from Card' which displays contents of SD card.
2.'Copy to SD card' and on the right select an empty file - the path will be shown in the lower box (from and to......)
3. Browse. When you locate a folder on your hard drive containing your Technics files - NOTHING SHOWS UNTIL YOU CLICK OK.
4.Highlight a Technics File then
5. Copy Song. Message will appear saying song successfully copied. File name will appear in the empty file location you first selected.

Hope this gets rid of your senior moments
Mebob - I use Windows ME
John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 03-03-2003).]

#60715 - 03/03/03 11:48 AM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
MeBob Offline

John,
That is the procedure that I was following. (I assume Bill did too).
The problem is that the after selecting the folder where the files reside and clicking OK, NO files are listed. When viewing the files with Windows Explorer, the all look in order.

Bob in Florida

#60716 - 03/03/03 12:06 PM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Bob & Bill

The files I've had success with are files that were saved on my KN6000 and copied onto the hard drive - I've just this minute tried it with some KN7000 files and the SD Card tool CANT SEE THEM.
John
I've e-mailed Thomas explaining the problem

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 03-03-2003).]

#60717 - 03/03/03 12:45 PM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Maybe it's a silly remark, but recently I copied styles from my CD and had forgotten that the files were accidently setted on hidden. If so than SD-Tool cannot see them. Explorer did recognised them nevertheless because I had set Windows Exporer to show hidden files.
Just want to help thinking what maybe wrong. All worked well in my version with XP.
Greetings
Cees

#60718 - 03/03/03 05:19 PM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
AAAAAAHHHHHH! Light shining in dark corners It works perfectly with KN6000 format files but not KN7000.....
Will await Thomas's comments when he has time. Thanks John.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60719 - 03/04/03 02:31 AM Re: 'Copy to SD' problem
technicsplayer Offline

versions 80 and 84 could see 7000 format files fine.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online