SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6057 - 08/06/07 10:38 AM Amplifer Help!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Okay gang I need some help. I bought Peavy Keyboard amp, for my Farfisa organ. Proble is, I connceted the organ to the amp, and got no sound though the amp. Just a low hum. However, I do get sound out of the organ itself. Do I need to get the organ fixed, or do I need a different amp? Like one form the 60's or a guitar amp?

Help would be appericated.

Paul

#6058 - 08/06/07 01:08 PM Re: Amplifer Help!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
If you have on-board speakers onthe Farfisa and they work, and if the Peavy works with anything else plugged into it, then you either have a bad cord or there is something wrong with the "out" on the organ...the jack you use to connect to the amplifier via a cord. Try contact cleaner and look for an old connection that has failed or othe rnon-function of the connection jack.

Should be pretty easy to trce down, if you're getting sound out of the organ.

R.

#6059 - 08/06/07 01:24 PM Re: Amplifer Help!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Hi Russ, well the organ has no speakers. I was told by someone on the Combo Organ Group on Yahoo!, the sound is comming from the spring reverb underneath the organ. I email Kevin Lightner @ synthfool.com, and he said, it's more likely a bad capcitor, and that I will need to get the organ serviced.

#6060 - 08/06/07 04:15 PM Re: Amplifer Help!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sorry, I thought there was sound coming from the instrument. I will have to be taken to a repair person. Neat historic unit, though!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online