SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60529 - 07/30/03 01:26 PM adding Performance PadAfter making a recordings
Anonymous
Unregistered

After making a recording using Real Time Record, I find recording a seperate track adding Performance Pads my KN7000 will not save this track.
I feel sure on an earlier model I have been able to do this this.
Any suggestions where I am going wrong.

To BEPOP I hope you have added me to your E.mail list, and thank you again for your help with my user name.

TREVKN.

#60530 - 07/31/03 03:49 AM Re: adding Performance PadAfter making a recordings
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The easiest way I've found to add Performance pads - Post Recording, is to use the Step Edit facility in the sequencer. Play through your recorded sequence, with the normal sequencer screen visible and note the bar number(s) where you wish to insert the Start (and Ending if applicable) of the particular Pad. Then open the Step Edit screen, select the Control Track, and Cursor forward to the bars where you wish to Start the Performance Pad. Press the appropriate Pad key and you should hear a quiet 'Ping' and an asterisk will appear in the selected location. If you have selected a 'One-Shot' Pad, then it requires no further action. If it is a Looped sound in the Pad, then you may also need to insert a 'STOP' command, later in the sequence - that is, assuming you wish the Looped sound to stop, before the end of the sequence. Just cursor forward to the desired 'Stop' bar and press 'STOP'. Continue through the sequence inserting further commands as needed. Play back your modified sequence to check the Pads - if any are not quite correct, then return to the Step Edit / Control track erase the offending entry and insert it in corrected position.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60531 - 07/31/03 07:15 AM Re: adding Performance PadAfter making a recordings
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I do the same as Willum - in fact it was him that told me how to do it! and it is much easier than trying to do it when you are playing. I do however have a problem sometime getting the intro to come in correctly. At the moment it seems a bit hit and miss and either does it successfully or I just get the beat for the length of the intro.

The way I do it is - press Easy Record, Name it, press OK to accept name and then OK again to start recording, and then Intro 1 or 2 - sometimes works sometimes not - there must be a correct sequence to it.

I do get there in the end by putting it in in Step Record but just wonder where I am going wrong.

Joan

#60532 - 07/31/03 05:43 PM Re: adding Performance PadAfter making a recordings
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Joan, After you've named your sequence, and before you press the Last OK, Press the Synchro Start and select either Intro 1 or 2. Check that all three Red LEDs are active - Start/Stop, Intro and Synchro. Then Press OK and play your first Left hand chord (Major triad of the key your song is in, or Minor if appropriate)and the selected Intro will start on the first beat of the first bar of the sequence.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60533 - 08/01/03 01:41 PM Re: adding Performance PadAfter making a recordings
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Thanks Willum - I've been out of step - Again Joan

#60534 - 08/02/03 09:58 AM Re: adding Performance PadAfter making a recordings
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi,

Might I add to the suggestions already made here. I suspect that the easiest way of overcoming your problem is:-

Forget recording in 'Easy Record' - Set up to record in realtime on all the tracks that you would have for Easy Record, with the exception of control track 6. Proceed to record as per normal. - Then:-

Merely set up the sequencer again to record onto control track 6 only, with all the other tracks playing back. Quite simply all you do now, is to press whatever pads you want to use, exactly at the points which you are now listening to, and also stop them where you need to, whilst control track 6 is doing all the recording work for you.

It really is very simple. If you get it wrong, or decide that you want to use different pads, you merely do the whole exercise again. And every pad will be precisely where you wanted it. Try it, you can't go wrong. All the very best,

Colin Leaney

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online