SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60478 - 01/09/06 04:28 PM ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi everyone,

With soooooooooooo many problems with SD cards and the way they do and don't work, here is another question - As many of you probably know by now, I recently got a KN7000. With it came an 8MB SD card. When I decided to save everything in the keyboard and clicked on the SD LOAD button, it showed that 28% was used. I saw nothing shown and thought that perhaps the former owner didn't name what was on the card. I tried to download and the card said there were no files. I then used the save feature and saved everything in the keyboard. There was no WARNING of a previous file so I did the save. My question is: Since there was nothing on the card, why did it show 28% used?

S

#60479 - 01/09/06 05:18 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
A bit of information, but perhaps no direct help. An earlier operating system misread the content of the SD card. The latest O/S system corrected that.
Next question which operating system and where do you get it? Sorry at this moment I've forgotten. Somebody else may be able to help.
Keith

#60480 - 01/09/06 06:44 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
nsr007 Offline

Hi Keith,

Are you speaking of Version? I have PAL Vers 1.3

Scott

#60481 - 01/09/06 08:26 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
KeithB Offline

Scott,
Yes, Version refers to the operating system. I now believe the latest is Version 1.6 See: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002462.html
Soembody will have to direct you as to where you can get. I believe it was last on a German site. we had it on the Australian Panasonic site, but that appears to have disappeared.
Keith

#60482 - 01/09/06 09:16 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
KeithB Offline

A little forum search and I found the updates at http://www.piano-schmitz.de/download/download.htm .
You will need four floppies as there are four seperate downloads.
A quote from Technicsplayer "just switch on with the first disk of the pair in the drive while holding down panel memories 1 to 4. For the rest just follow the instructions in the screen - be SURE to do a checksum on ALL disk BEFORE attempting the upgrade proper."
Good luck
Keith

#60483 - 01/10/06 02:14 AM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Scott
I am sorry that you are having difficulties with the SD card. It really is a simple, yet great enhancement to the Technics keyboards.

I, and the overwhelming majority of the KN7000 owners in the USA have not bothered to upgrade their OS. Why, because it wasn't worth the bother and risk of freezing up their board. All you gain is an accurate usage meter.

I advise to forget the little 8MB card, and get a 128, or 256 card. As long as it is SD,and you are not using Jukebox,any brand is fine. I don't save audio files, so I run out of files before I run out of capacity. Then, you need not worry about the amount used being wrong.

Best regards
Bernie

#60484 - 01/10/06 06:13 AM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
nsr007 Offline

Thanks, again Keith and thank you, Bernie.

I will be ignoring the 8MB card. I am only using it for the time being because I haven't purchased a bigger one. I do have the capabilities of using Jukebox and was thinking of buying a 1GB card. I have earlier posted on the forum about considering a 2GB card but someone said that Panasonic told them the KN7000 isn't set up for a 2GB.

I plan on using audio files, what card will work for them as well as all other data? There seems to be much praise about the ATP brand card.

S

#60485 - 01/10/06 09:13 AM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
sturgeon Offline

Hi Folks,

I still think it is a software problem. My 1 gig card works perfectly when used with RealOne Jukebox for Panasonic. All audio is transfered properly and the keyboard can read audio, MIDI and Technics files from it.

SD Jukebox says the card needs formatting even when it aready has 150+ audio files and 200 MIDI and Technics files on it and the keyboard can play trhem all!

The only prob. is that RealOne creates just one playlist, consisting of every audio file you have put on it in the order they were put on. SD Jukebox lets you create a number of user playlists.

Both the SD cards I have are made by DanElect. The 512MB works fine with everything.

Still it could be worse, a friend of mine is on his third Tyros 2 keyboard in 3 weeks! The display died on the first one, the second one split the keyboard with the left hand in tune and the right hand tuned in microtones every time he changed style. Now he looks worried!

cheers,

s.

#60486 - 02/08/06 05:32 AM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi there
Is 'RealOne Jukebox for Panasonic' downloadable as I too am having trouble with a 1 gig SD Card and constant instructions to Format on SD Jukebox having already done so....?
Thanks
Rog
p.s. I wish to use it only for audio files.

#60487 - 02/08/06 12:25 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
sturgeon Offline

Hi Rog,

Try this link;
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/sd_audio/downloads.asp

It works with 1gig cards but only has a default playlist.

The good news (?) is that Panasonic are now on the case - or at least they say that the support people have passed the problem to the factory to fix. Which seems to be an admission from support that there is a problem with SD Jukebox.

If I hear any more I will let you know.

Cheers,

s.

#60488 - 02/09/06 12:19 AM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
RMepstead Offline

Cheers S - that's brilliant - Rog

#60489 - 02/09/06 03:15 AM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
Bernie9 Offline

Please overlook my ignorance, but I expect to get the SD Jukebox shortly to play and store audio on SD for my KN7000.

What problems will I encounter, and what would be your advise ?

#60490 - 02/09/06 12:05 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
RMepstead Offline

Watcha Bernie - what are you doing up at this time of night?...chuckle
Using SD Jukebox is pretty straightforward once you have made sure that all the set up info is pointing at the right files on your 'puter. At the moment it seems that the audio files which it stores and can sort into different orders for you only works on SD Cards up to 512mb with problems currently on the 1 gig SD Card which are being investigated hopefully.
My 512mb SD Card has about 170 songs stored on it for audio play on the KN7000, and it's pretty much full up...
Rog

#60491 - 02/09/06 01:07 PM Re: ANOTHER SD CARD QUESTION
Bernie9 Offline

Hiya Rog
It might be late for you Ole Chum. It is the middle of the day here,sunny, and about 75 fahr.
Thanks for the info. I ordered a 512.

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online