SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60361 - 12/08/04 10:47 AM Poor Chris Whitehead !!!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Well I feel a sorry for Chris Whitehead , he is certainly feeling the brunt from the forum members .

I will stand up and sing the praises of the poor fellow .

As most of you know I use my KN7000 connected via midi to my Concerto Digital/acoustic accordion .

Chris Whitehead could not have been more helpful to me and the local dealer Jack Whites of Norwich. Connecting the concerto to the KN7000 was never going to be an easy job and Dave Sadler the manager had to contact chris , who ended up talking him thro the set up.
I'm told by Paul Pasquali the designer of the Concerto who is based in Salt Lake city that I'm the only Concerto Accordion player in the world with this set up .
but with his help and patience it was successful .

The sound of the two instruments combined is beyond my expectations .

SO THANK YOU CHRIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGARDS TO YOU ALL .........GIOVANNI

PS merry christmas and a Peaceful and healthy New Year

#60362 - 12/08/04 12:16 PM Re: Poor Chris Whitehead !!!
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
I too have always found Chris to be very helpful in the past. What we have all got to remember is that Chris works for Technics and Technics no longer exists. It must be very stressful for him. I feel sure there is a very good reason that he has not replied to various people.

Regards

Brian

#60363 - 12/08/04 05:03 PM Re: Poor Chris Whitehead !!!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
As far as I am aware, Chris and the rest of the previously UK based Technics staff, concerned with the musical instrument division, are no longer employees of Panasonic/Technics/Matsushita. This may explain lack of contact. I have tried several times to contact Chris by email, after the 'closedown' announcement and received no replies.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60364 - 12/09/04 05:57 AM Re: Poor Chris Whitehead !!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Willum,

Our Rep, Eddie Williams was moving to another division of Panasonic when I talked to him many months ago. I do not expect any more support from Panasonic, which makes the forum very important.

Fran in Florida

#60365 - 12/09/04 02:25 PM Re: Poor Chris Whitehead !!!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I had a telephone call from Chris Whitehead this afternoon. As I suspected, he ceased employment with Technics UK, when they closed their musical division, earlier this year. He wishes me to pass on his apologies to forum members, who tried to contact him, but due to the circumstances of the closedown, he was unable to respond to emails and telephone calls.
He and another former employee of Technics UK, now work for Korg and he is looking after their customer service department. We had a long conversation about the PA1X and it would seem that this keyboard is a serious contender for filling the gap, left by the 'KN8000'..........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online