SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60325 - 05/10/03 01:20 PM FRAN IN FLORIDA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Fran.
The flirtation with florida is over once again and we're back to earth in the U.K.
You must have been waiting for us because. wow, those temperatures!! 94%!!. We arrived at Sanford and then drove down to Sarasota and then Venice and also Ellenstown where we quite by accident found a place called 'PIZZA AND PIPES'. A really smart idea this was, you can sit and eat your meal and also listen to the live sound of the 'MIGHTY WURLITZER' from 5 pm. to 10 pm.
to the playing of Bill Vlasak. Unfortunately he didn't know my request ( 'I Won't Send Roses'from Mack and Mabel) but it was a very good show. After a few days there we went across to the east coast (via a one night stop in Kissimmee) to Daytona Beach. Now! a visit to the Valusia Shopping Mall was a must
and I just happened on a Music Store in there. ( I think my wife thinks that this more than a coincidence) but there it was, like an oasis in the desert, a MUSIC WORLD STORE and it so happened on the day we were there, MARCO MENDEZ, was doing a demonstration in store on the new ROLAND AT80S Organ. Listening to this man was brilliant. I still prefer the Technics.
but his arrangements of 'Phantom of the Opera'
'Tico Tico' and several Marches was superb.
After a few more days in Daytona we moved up the coastal road to St Augustine and that was a real gem. America's Oldest City? and then back down to Orlando ( International Drive) just for the last few days and it just got hotter and hotter. Here we are now , back down to earth in the U.K. but don't you all get complacent because we will be back, so be warned.
Regards
Pete B.

#60326 - 05/10/03 03:16 PM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
The "saying" in the USA ...

Florida; a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

From not so sunny Pennsylvania,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60327 - 05/11/03 06:42 AM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I live in Florida and I love it here. I'd rather deal with the heat than COLD anyday. The last time I was in Pennsylvania was in Feb. 93 and it was COLD COLD COLD! I was so thankful to get on that airplane and head back to warm and humid. That was my first experience of winter in 25 years, and I'm in no hurry to experience it again! I've been down here since '67.

In August I'm usually sick of heat and sometimes wonder why I live here, but come winter for the rest of the country I KNOW why I live here.

It is a little early in the year to be as hot as it is right now though. Usually cooler.

Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
The "saying" in the USA ...

Florida; a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

From not so sunny Pennsylvania,
Larry Hawk

#60328 - 05/11/03 09:52 AM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pete,

Good to hear you had a good visit except for the heat. For some reason we seem to have lost Spring this year and jumped right into summer. I was born in New Jersey and left when 21. Would never go back. Marilyn is right. We may sweat a little in the summer but we have the greatest winters.

You came close to Melbourne (south of Daytona) Your next trip we will have to get together.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#60329 - 05/11/03 10:59 AM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My wife and I have spent time in many states here in the USA, just about everyone has a 3-4 month period where the outdoors are difficult. Here in West Palm Beach, Florida you can almost count on a nice breeze to make you comfortable. In the shade that is!!

I do not use an overcoat. I'm always in short sleeves. Shorts and short sleeves in restaurants, and occasionally I am in customers homes, in shorts, tunning their pianos. Does it doen't get much better??
John C

#60330 - 05/11/03 11:22 AM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
There is nothing like the 4 Seasons in the Mid Atlantic States

The beautiful Snow covered mountains in Winter

The flowers blooming on a cool Spring Day

Trips to the Jersey Shore for a Summer Vacation.

And the breath taking beauty of Autumns colors.

Peace
Larry Hawk

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 05-11-2003).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60331 - 05/11/03 12:02 PM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
I didn't want to start another civil war so just to the record straight,I think the states is great, 4 years ago we did the New England trip(Boston,Niagara, New Hampshire,Vermont) just before the official fall season and it really was beautiful and similar to the scenery we have here in the U.K. The area around Mount Mansfield and a place called STOWE was of particular interest
because I live in a small village called EDWINSTOWE which is close to MANSFIELD and I thought at the time that there was a possible link between the names. Our village is situated in the middle of Sherwood Forest and connects with the legend of 'Robin Hood'
and the village in Nottinghamshire where the Pilgrim Fathers came from is just about 10 miles from here. What has this got to do with Technics? !!!Nothing!!! I'm just in waffle mode again.
Regards
Pete B.

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 05-11-2003).]

#60332 - 05/11/03 03:52 PM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Florida has seasonal changes too, just not the same as northern ones. After you've been here awhile you notice things. Springtime the air in the evening is full of the smell of citrus blossoms. I can't grow lilacs...but citrus blossoms are wonderful too. Winter time the oranges all turn to their pretty orange colors. Poinsetta's bloom in our front yards. Robins come through here on their migrations in the spring and fall. Up north I always saw robins in pairs, around here they are always in huge flocks.....and they love berries which can cause a huge mess!

Trips to the Jersey shore brings back memories. I used to waitress in Asbury Park in the summertime during my college years.

I think this topic is getting way off topic!

So I'll shut up.

Marilyn

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 05-11-2003).]

#60333 - 05/11/03 05:58 PM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
There is nothing like the 4 Seasons in the Mid Atlantic States

Yes, Yes, you are so right. There is beauty in every area, each area has something special to offer. Sad to say, the ones that have the most, I can not afford.

I lived most my life in the eastern end of Long Island, New York. September of 2000 I sat with a buttered role and hot coffee waiting for the Orient Ferry. (The extreme north eastern fork of Long Island) The air was fresh with a slight chill, I loved it, it felt healthy. We were on our way to New Foundland-St.Johns, another beautiful place.

John C.

#60334 - 05/11/03 09:07 PM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey peter.bentley! I have to add my two cents by telling you that, if you haven't visited the great state of Wisconsin, you haven't seen the USA!!! We can take credit for having all four seasons of the year in a single day and no state (except maybe Alaska) can boast of colder temperatures in the winter (or any other time of the year)! Come back again soon; the USA is a wonderful place and when you say "WISCONSIN!", you've said it all!!

#60335 - 05/12/03 11:01 AM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Ted.
I have a nephew in Indianapolis (I hope thats how you spell it) and he tells me its similar up there. I haven't been there yet but I see them when they come to the U.K. about every 2 years.
regards
Pete B.
P.S. Nice to hear fron you all but too many posts and not enough playing, got to get back to the KN7

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 05-12-2003).]

#60336 - 05/12/03 04:02 PM Re: FRAN IN FLORIDA
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hay Ted, don't forget your the cheesest state in the US of A. And Pete if you stop in Indianapolis Indiana you must go through Chicago Illinois to get to Wisconson. We have more machine guns per capita than most anywhere else. I suppose you heard about that already. Also Wisconson is the yesterday state. Every time I go fishing in Wisconson they say, 'Boy, you should have be here yesterday, they were really biting.

Grandpa Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online