SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60311 - 08/20/05 04:32 PM Why we love Technics........
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
While filling my SD card with my archived March and Parade styles, I noticed something that made me appreciate my Technics more and more : the rich sound of the styles. They are progressive from variety 1 to variety 4 (and sometimes more), show boldness and clarity, and even more important, a love of music. I don't know who made up the team that put together these styles, whether onboard presets or commercial styles, but they excelled at their work! If any of you people ever read any of these posts, I, and probably all the Technics owner/players have just one thing to say to you all : BRAVO!!! Job well done.

#60312 - 08/21/05 11:47 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bud
I agree with you. Sometimes I start taking the KN7000 for granted,and then I hear a style I hadn't used in a while, and the love affair starts all over again.

Bernie

#60313 - 08/21/05 06:51 PM Re: Why we love Technics........
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
It isn't just the new keyboards like KN7,24,26 either. I have keyboards clear back to the KN800 and it is just as good today as it was the day I bought it. It has great styles, sounds, ease of playing and with a pair of KB100's it can fill a big room and still does. Yes, I have all the new ones too but the older ones are everybit as good to play and hear if not as convenient to operate and program.
BEBOP

#60314 - 08/21/05 07:00 PM Re: Why we love Technics........
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The only thing I can add is; after hour of playing my Tyros I went into the next room and sat and played my KN7000, I had to smile.

John C.

#60315 - 08/22/05 05:11 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hear! Hear! John

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60316 - 08/22/05 06:04 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As a kn6000 player, I agree ... and I STILL miss some of the styles from my kn1000 ...AND the 'Dynamic Accomaniment' button (I think that's what it was called ? )
t.

#60317 - 08/22/05 08:01 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Tony - I agree with you about the Dynamic Accompaniment - it was a great feature. I could never understand why it was dropped by Technics. Joan

#60318 - 08/22/05 09:50 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
It was dropped because virtually nobody understood it. More keyboards were returned as "not functioning" than all other faults put together. There was one style that particularry showed it's capabilities. forgotten which. Walter.

#60319 - 08/22/05 09:57 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I thought it worked well with the jazz styles ...
t.

#60320 - 08/24/05 11:18 AM Re: Why we love Technics........
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Why I love my KN7000.
1.You can take one part of the accompaniment ‘Drm2,Drm1, Acp5-Acp1, Bass,’ from any style and put it into the accompaniment of any other style. It may be a guitar sound you have put into Acp1, you can then change it to a piano sound, or any other sound you like,
2. You can take the intro from a style and put it into ‘fill-in one or two’ of another style
and use it as a ‘performance pad’.
3. You can take the intro of any style and make it as the intro of another style, you can take the ending from any style and make it the ending of another style.
4. Then there’s the sound, go into ‘sound edit, tone, tone-select’ you’ll see sounds 1-4
you can change any one of these sound, to get a sound that you like.
If you go into ‘sound edit, then the filter,’ you can play around with ‘filter & equalizer’
and tweak the sound from there.
5. with a style in ‘ABC of memory’ you can go into ‘composer then press AB or C of
‘recording memory’ which ever the style is your working on, then ok the variation your working on, press a button ‘Dr2, Dr1, Ac5-Ac1, Bass’ in ‘start recording’, then press ‘part setting’; on page one you can change the sound on your accompaniment, plus a lot more. { I didn’t say it was easy } but when you think you have got it right, it is satisfying.
6. There is a lot more to this keyboard that I haven’t got around to yet, but I am mainly interested in styles and sound. I am an hands on person and don’t write stuff down, so basically I’m experiment most of the time.

I know both sound and styles are subjective, and what I think may sound good, may not sound so good, to some one else, but if members are interested, I’ll send more songs to Bill the Bebop, who may put them on his KN7000 list.

Delving into this great KN7000 keyboard, and listening to the advice of so many knowledgeable members is all part of my hobby.

Blimey! I think I got a bit carried away.

Fred Wren.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online