SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60200 - 01/09/05 12:26 PM Custom Style Copy
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Dear all,

kn7000, page 121 at the user operation instruction, It talks about copying each individual ryhthm into the custom memory(which can contain 20 rhythms)

What is the composer memory A/B/C?

How is the custome memory related to custome rhythm ,when peforming rhythm copy from a flopy disk to the custome memory?

How is custome memory realted also to the panel memory (1to4)

I did copied 5 styles from a flopy disk to the custome 1 to 5 locations. why does the book mention the composer memory A/b/c and panel memory 1-4 in this the same context.

It has been long time I try to figue it out. finally I decided to have the question out to the forum, As I am new with the technics concept in this regard.

With respect,
Doron Peisic

#60201 - 01/09/05 01:29 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
technicsplayer Offline

we need to get the terminology first a rhythm is a set of patterns in the composer, a style is a rhythm with 4 registrations, tempo, effects etc, ie the contents of 4 panel memories in addition and is in the presets and the custom with msa on.

To make full use of a style in the custom section have the rhythms in a composer, say composer bank A, then put 4 registrations in the first 4 panel memories of bank A, each saved pointing to the composer A relevant variation. If you want to save pads, load them into pads user bank 1 and save the panel memories pointing to pad user bank 1.

Now when you copy composer to custom the style contains not only the composer rhythm but also the 4 registrations, right hand sounds, tempo, effects, user pads and even any sound edits used all in the custom, which can be played exactly like a preset style with the variation buttons when the msa button is on.

Thus when copying from composer to custom composer A needs to be saved in panel memory A 1 to 4 with pad user bank 1. Likewise composer B with panel bank B 1-4 and pad user bank 2. Likewise with C.

Even if you initialise or load a different rhythm into composer A, different panel memories into bank A and different pads into user bank 1, all the originals will still be in the custom style just like a preset. The custom style can now be saved as an ALL file with all 20 in one go, or as a single custom which you can load to whichever position in the custom section you prefer.

#60202 - 01/09/05 05:26 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Thanks very much for your reply! and for the informative background about the distiction between rhytem and style.

I got it.

I did look again in the custome setting, I notice that a new pattern can be composed.

However I did not see where a voice sound selection (right hand) can be assighed to the to the new pattern. Am I correct?

Technicsplayer, I am located in CA, USA Are you in US as well, if so perhapes we can talk it may be easier.

Thanks bunch,
Doron Peisic
doronpeisic@san.rr.com

#60203 - 01/10/05 05:18 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
technicsplayer Offline

No, I'm not in the US at the moment. Ok, step by step:

Best to start from an initialisation as the defaults will prevent any other settings you may have done getting in the way of a result

Put your rhythm into composer bank A, if editing a preset use the Pattern Copy function in the composer menu to copy FROM the preset TO composer bank A. If loading a normal Technics style from sd or floppy it usually goes into composer A, if not see later.

Now you can go into this pattern through the composer memory A route on the left hand side of the first page of the composer menu:

choose a pattern; variation, fill, intro etc. press OK.

then press a track; drums, bass, acc 1-5 etc.

and change individual sounds in each track etc by just selecting them from the sound group as the pattern plays. When finished exit out of the composer. Thus each pattern can be edited with new sounds, with different sounds in each track of each pattern if that is what you wish.

Now construct your style in the first 4 panel memories of panel memory bank A:

Panel memory A1 saved with your right hand registrations, balances, tempo etc pointing to composer A variation 1. That is composer A selected in the MEMORY rhythm group and Variation 1 selected under Music Style Arranger. Save the panel memory as normal by holding SET then the panel memory number.

Now save panel memory A2 with different right hand registrations, balances etc pointing to composer A variation 2.

Likewise save panel A3 with composer A variation 3, and panel A4 with composer A variation 4.

Now back to the composer menu and Custom Style Copy. Copy FROM composer A TO a position 1 to 20 in the custom section.

Done.

Exit out of everything, go to the custom section, choose your number and switch Music Style Arranger ON. The 4 variation buttons will contain all your right hand registrations as well as your edited rhythm with new sounds etc, just like a preset.

If you load a normal Technics file from sd or floppy and it ends up in composer B, just repeat using panel memory bank B, then copy that bank from composer to custom. Likewise if composer C. If you load a custom style and want to change it, copy FROM custom TO a composer in the same screen as before, edit the composer, edit the panel memories, then copy that composer back to custom with your new changes.

Good luck.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online