SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59829 - 06/05/03 09:00 AM IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
santa 1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl - usa
How does the vocal harmonizer on the KN7000 compare to my Digitech VHM 1 vocalizer I now use with the KN2000 midi out connection?

#59830 - 06/05/03 11:10 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Eww...... the folks at Technics have a lot of nerve even to assume that anyone would want to sing through that mic input. I'm sorry, but for such a good keyboard ..... that's THE WORST mic input out there. Your Digitech is much better, and the newer models are better still.

#59831 - 06/05/03 02:32 PM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Idont agree that the mic input is poor ,it is fine and balances well for live performance in a medium sized venue, provided that only reverb and effects are used, the harmonizer itself is poor ,if you can sing reasonably well the mic is reasonable, not the best, the keyboard is superb and and together they are a good standalone gigging machine for a keyboard player and a singer.
jan

#59832 - 06/05/03 09:08 PM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Dave, Dave, Dave. As an authority on THE WORST, you must have studied them all in depth in order to have come to such a definitive assessment. In the process, you certainly must have arrived at an evaluation of which was the best. Therefore in your study of keyboard mic inputs, which keyboard has the best input? As far as vocalizers go, I would assume a company whose focus is on stand-alone dedicated equipment would far surpass in performance a manufacture who’s focus is not so directed. However it is comforting to know that the folks at technics have a lot of nerve. At least they got something going for them. I remember Mr. Yee bitching about the vocalizer, I don’t believe it was the mic input, however you told him to quit moaning and get a digitech. Good advice. Get the right tool for the job. The best is always the most rewarding in the end. Anyway I guess Kozykeys is happy. And now that you got that out of your craw, Dave, I hope you can be happy again.

Grandpa Doug

#59833 - 06/06/03 03:39 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I agree totally with the comments about the harmoniser or vocaliser - call it what you will. In my opinion, they should either include one which works as well as the Digitech or just leave it out. As it is, it's a total waste of space

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#59834 - 06/06/03 07:33 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I agree totally with the comments about the harmoniser or vocaliser - call it what you will. In my opinion, they should either include one which works as well as the Digitech or just leave it out. As it is, it's a total waste of space

HEY ORB,
I didn't know my KN had a vocal simonizer. I guess I probably tried it once way back when I first bought it and then took your advise and just left it out.
Why does everyone have a problem with this?
If you don't like it then just leave it out. I bet you didn't even know it was there when you bought your KN6 so what is the big deal. Just enjoy the best keyboard in the marketplace at this pricepoint today.
Best to all, Happy to be back in the fold again.
Bebop

#59835 - 06/06/03 08:07 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Willum, Is there any other keyboard manufacture who has a built in harmonizer that works as good as or better than the Digitech? I have not. Using your kind of reasoning, then all keyboard makers should leave it out. Why do you hold only one company’s feet to the fire? I know, but that is not the subject here. If all of the others have one as good as or better than, what would be the result? Bye, bye Digitech. A total waste of space? I know some who think churches are a total waste of space. I wonder why so many are attracted to them. Could it be for the main attraction or the pot luck dinners that stink? Kind of a strange analogy to keyboards but I like it. I like my church but Ruthie and me go to a good restaurant for a good meal. I think focusing on the crappie potlucks would be a total waste of time and recommending they drop them would serve no real purpose. And that’s how I view this whole discussion on vocalizers or harmonizers or what ever you want to call them when they are linked to the main purpose of the keyboard. Making music! Of course if venting makes you feel better then let’s vent. If pursing the best is your goal than let’s choose the best tools to help us get there. Now you know how I think. Ruthie at times looks at me with her eyes crossed but in the end we always sleep in the same bed.

Grandpa Doug

P.S. Bebop, I didn’t know it had a 'Simonizer' either.

#59836 - 06/06/03 08:18 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
Willum, Is there any other keyboard manufacture who has a built in harmonizer that works as good as or better than the Digitech? I have not. Using your kind of reasoning, then all keyboard makers should leave it out. Why do you hold only one company’s feet to the fire? I know, but that is not the subject here. If all of the others have one as good as or better than, what would be the result? Bye, bye Digitech. A total waste of space? I know some who think churches are a total waste of space. I wonder why so many are attracted to them. Could it be for the main attraction or the pot luck dinners that stink? Kind of a strange analogy to keyboards but I like it. I like my church but Ruthie and me go to a good restaurant for a good meal. I think focusing on the crappie potlucks would be a total waste of time and recommending they drop them would serve no real purpose. And that’s how I view this whole discussion on vocalizers or harmonizers or what ever you want to call them when they are linked to the main purpose of the keyboard. Making music! Of course if venting makes you feel better then let’s vent. If pursing the best is your goal than let’s choose the best tools to help us get there. Now you know how I think. Ruthie at times looks at me with her eyes crossed but in the end we always sleep in the same bed.

Grandpa Doug

P.S. Bebop, I didn’t know it had a 'Simonizer' either.

Well Grandpa Doug, you've got a special way of putting it---I think it's great. Enjoy what you have and get off what you do not have---NICE
John C.

#59837 - 06/06/03 09:49 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
If your looking at a keyboard to improve your singing voice, then your looking in the wrong place. Keyboards are not for singing, although I do admit that some keyboards do a better job at disguising an otherwise normal voice.

A "Natural" great singer needs only a mic and an amp, and is not looking for help from the keyboard player

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#59838 - 06/06/03 11:37 AM Re: IKN7000 vocal harmonizer
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just want to back up Jan and say we are only talking about the "harmony". The mic output is very adequate and better than any stand alone KB I have heard. I use it regularly in playing small and medium venues.

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online