SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59647 - 11/23/04 10:53 AM East Coast Jam - Update
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

I was asked to put this in a separate thread so here it is.

I've updated the web site to include our latest attendees. That makes 32 registered and only 8 places left.

There are still a few people's names that originally said they wanted to come who have not registered.

If you are planning to attend you can go to http://home.earthlink.net/~eastcoastjam/ and click Agenda to see if your name is on the confirmed or not confirmed list.

I, as one of the committee, would like to remind you that this is YOUR JAM. And while we have planned a basic Agenda it's a "Jam" and not a show so what actually happens at the jam will be up to those who attend.

We want everyone who wants to play to have a chance to do that and hopefully people will play together also.

We also want everyone to have a chance to see and learn about other keyboards that maybe you've not have a chance to hear or play in a live setting like this.

I know I can speak for the entire committee when I say that we are really looking forward to seeing and meeting you and our goal is to simply have a great time.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#59648 - 11/23/04 04:35 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

When we reach our maximum of 40, (40 will be close seating. How better to get to know each other.), we will look at all comments submitted with the survey and query all attendee's about how they would like the program be conducted. IT IS YOUR JAM!!

There is always the possibility that someone who signed up can not make the Jam. We will take standby reservations.

Had we known the response for the Jam would be this great, we would have opted for a larger Jam room, of course at a much larger cost.

Fran in Florida

#59649 - 12/10/04 09:36 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
shcox Offline

Hi All,

The current head count is 33 with 7 spots left.

Season's Greetings

------------------

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 12-10-2004).]

#59650 - 12/12/04 12:33 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heather, Fran, Dan Hanson, and all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I was finally able to book, and have purchased (via the internet thru Travelocity) fairly decently discounted ($200 RT) airline tickets (Oakland,CA to Orlando, FL) and now will (for SURE! ) be attending the East Coast Florida Synthzone Jam for at least 1-2 days of the event.

Dan, I trust that your offer to let me play your Yamaha Tyros is still good.

In the meantime, realizing that most of you are Technics players, I suppose I'd better find me a Technics board to re-familiarize myself with it again.

Anyway, this looks to be a memorable 'fun filled' arranger keyboard music weekend to: meet SZ forum friends in person (many for the first time), exchange arranger KB playing tips, as well as perform (for one another) & jam (with each other) as well. With DisneyWorld located LESS than an hour away, this really makes for an idea vacation destination package. Hope more people will be able to join us.

Ok, who else is coming?!

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#59651 - 12/15/04 01:20 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
Scottyee Offline

SZ East Coast Florida Jam Organizers: Heather, Fran, and Dan,

I just attempted to make room reservations at the "Micro-Tel Inn & Suites" in Lady Lake, FL, where I thought our April 15-17 SZ East Coast Jam was being held: http://home.earthlink.net/~eastcoastjam/id3.html

but the reservationist I spoke with (Christy) stated that they have no record of any meeting room being reserved for us: April 15-17 2005. After further investigation, she told me that we had been reserved for April 15, 2004, not 2005

In addition, though their meeting room is still open for booking for Fri & Sat (April 15 & 16, 2005), for Sunday, April 17th it's ALREADY reserved for another function.

Heather (or whoever initially reserved the meeting room & special lodging rates): please contact Micro-Tel Inn RIGHT AWAY to get this MESS straightened out!

Nothing could be worse than us 'showing up' to discover no MEETING ROOM or LODGING available to us. I'm particularly concerned because I've already purchased 'non-refundable' cross-country air tickets to attend this event.

Scott

#59652 - 12/15/04 02:53 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Scott,
Now you've got me worried too Joan Banfield, Roger Mepstead and myself also have non-refundable air tickets and we are due to arrive from UK on the 14th April and stay at the Micro-Tel for a week.........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#59653 - 12/15/04 03:09 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
Scottyee Offline

Hi Bill, just received an email from Heather, and she assured me that she will speak to the Manager of the hotel first thing tomorrow about what looks to me like a MAJOR SCREWUP on the part of the hotel.

In the meantime, trusting that the issue gets resolved, I'm really looking forward to finally meeting you and Joan Banfield in person, seeing Roger again, as well as meeting all the other attendees. I just hope we all don't end up having to play our keyboards & sleep outside with the GATORS !

- Scott

#59654 - 12/16/04 12:06 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
shcox Offline

I talked with Steve the manager and I was assured that everything is OK. The woman we both talked to simply was looking in the incorrect place fir the information.

We currently have 19 rooms reserved for our use and the meeting room is booked for us for the full 3 days.

It is however important to tell them you are booking a room for the "KEYBOARD CONVENTION" That is how it is listed in the computer. It is not under Sythzone, my name or any other name.

Please forgive any confusion this has caused.

Happy Holidays

------------------

#59655 - 12/16/04 12:11 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you Heather for staying on top of this potential problem
Best,
Bebop

#59656 - 12/16/04 01:07 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Update
shcox Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by shcox:
I talked with Steve the manager and I was assured that everything is OK. The woman we both talked to simply was looking in the incorrect place for the information.

We currently have 19 rooms reserved for our use and the meeting room is booked for us for the full 3 days.

It is however important to tell them you are booking a room for the "KEYBOARD CONVENTION" That is how it is listed in the computer. It is not under Sythzone, my name or any other name.

Please forgive any confusion this has caused.

Happy Holidays

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online