SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59310 - 01/28/02 02:45 PM SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Hello, everyone -

I am having a real problem keeping the sounds I create in SOUND MEMORY in my KN6000. If I work in COMPOSER and save to CUSTOM STYLE, they all disappear when I turn off the keyboard. What comes up is: "Across The Void", "Science Fiction", "Vocal Frenzy", etc., etc., WHAT IS GOING ON? Fortunately, I have saved all my custom sounds and I reload but the style I presently am working on in COMPOSER, none of the sounds are in the right order when I go to PART SETTING. What happens is, when I save to CUSTOM STYLE, it removes two of my customs sounds and replaces them with the same sounds I have elsewhere. When I go back into COMPOSER, to continue working, the sounds are wrong. I am beginning to get very paranoid. While playing, I continually check SOUND MEMORY to see if they are still there. What a bummer!!! Has anyone else experienced this? I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully, someone will have an answer for me. Thanks.

#59311 - 01/28/02 04:05 PM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Before you switch off save any sound that is already in the sound memory. This should cure it. Walter.

Quote:
Originally posted by NSR:
Hello, everyone -

I am having a real problem keeping the sounds I create in SOUND MEMORY in my KN6000. If I work in COMPOSER and save to CUSTOM STYLE, they all disappear when I turn off the keyboard. What comes up is: "Across The Void", "Science Fiction", "Vocal Frenzy", etc., etc., WHAT IS GOING ON? Fortunately, I have saved all my custom sounds and I reload but the style I presently am working on in COMPOSER, none of the sounds are in the right order when I go to PART SETTING. What happens is, when I save to CUSTOM STYLE, it removes two of my customs sounds and replaces them with the same sounds I have elsewhere. When I go back into COMPOSER, to continue working, the sounds are wrong. I am beginning to get very paranoid. While playing, I continually check SOUND MEMORY to see if they are still there. What a bummer!!! Has anyone else experienced this? I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully, someone will have an answer for me. Thanks.

#59312 - 01/28/02 06:04 PM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
NSR Offline

Hi Walter,

I do save to floppy what I have done. Fortunately, I have done this over the last two years, for me to be able to bring up these custom sounds when downloading someone else's material. What I don't understand is, this present COMPOSER pattern I am working on is my first problem I have encountered regarding losing the custom sounds. Could it be because I am using custom sounds in PART SETTING instead of keyboard preset sounds? I never had this problem until I downloaded BEBOP'S jazz on Roger's Jukebox Site. You're the one, BEBOP! :-) Everything seems to be o.k. until I work in COMPOSER, then all hell breaks loose. It's a real pain, for I have to load all my saved sounds and go into COMPOSER and correct all the sounds in the style I am continuing to work on. I hope I have made myself clear on this problem. Thanks, again.

#59313 - 01/29/02 09:34 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
The 'Across the void' etc are the default sounds, which will reappear after the keyboard has been switched off for some time. Make sure that when you save the composer that if it includes custom sounds, that you save the sound memory as well. Any custom sounds in the composer will be indicated by the letter M. but it only recognizes the position of the sound (e.g. Sound Memory A5) and not the sound itself.

I am having a real problem keeping the sounds I create in SOUND MEMORY in my KN6000. If I work in COMPOSER and save to CUSTOM STYLE, they all disappear when I turn off the keyboard. What comes up is: "Across The Void", "Science Fiction", "Vocal Frenzy", etc., etc., WHAT IS GOING ON?

#59314 - 01/29/02 10:30 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hello, I perhaps did not make it clear, I did not mean save to a disc, but to save any sound already in the sound memory back into the sound memory. This then stores all the sounds as 6000, and will stay there. If not clear, e-mail me. Walter.
Quote:
Hi Walter,

I do save to floppy what I have done. Fortunately, I have done this over the last two years, for me to be able to bring up these custom sounds when downloading someone else's material. What I don't understand is, this present COMPOSER pattern I am working on is my first problem I have encountered regarding losing the custom sounds. Could it be because I am using custom sounds in PART SETTING instead of keyboard preset sounds? I never had this problem until I downloaded BEBOP'S jazz on Roger's Jukebox Site. You're the one, BEBOP! :-) Everything seems to be o.k. until I work in COMPOSER, then all hell breaks loose. It's a real pain, for I have to load all my saved sounds and go into COMPOSER and correct all the sounds in the style I am continuing to work on. I hope I have made myself clear on this problem. Thanks, again.

#59315 - 01/29/02 10:33 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you got the version 7.0a of the rom update loaded on your KN6000. I don't know whether or not this has any relevance to your problem but if not you can download it from the free stuff on the 'technote.com' site.
Quote:
Hello, everyone -

#59316 - 01/29/02 11:20 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
technicsplayer Offline

are you are talking about using sound edits in composers and then copying to custom, then bringing them back to composer for editing? If so the solution is simple.

#59317 - 01/29/02 01:09 PM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
NSR Offline

Hi Walter,

Thanks, for your help. When I create a new sound, name it and give it a number,
isn't this permanently filing the sound in the keyboard under MEMORY? This is the
first and only style I have created in COMPOSER using my own custom sounds.
Let me make it clear, I have created many original patterns (styles, whatever) in
COMPOSER - I am familiar with the process. What I am presently experiencing is -
when I have brought up the pattern (CUSTOM STYLE) that I have been working on
(in this case, not finished) from CUSTOM STYLE to Recording Memory A, this is
when the memories in SOUND get fowled up. I have to reload the custom sounds
back into the keyboard, straighten them out in PART SETTING and go on with my
work. Everything to this point is working, i.e., the sounds are in memory and the
style is playing the correct sounds. I then save the pattern from Memory A back into
the CUSTOM STYLE number. Then I save the work to a floppy and all is o.k. The
keyboard keeps all the custom sounds in MEMORY and the sounds remain
whether I turn the keyboard off or not. It is ONLY when I again go to this custom
style and bring it up again later or the next day when it has to be put back into
Memory A to continue my work that all the sounds disappear from the MEMORY
and I have to go through the whole mess again to straighten them out. I can't
understand why, if I have saved these in sound MEMORY they won't stay there. I
am beginning to wonder if you can only save successfully custom sounds for use in
Rt 1 and Rt 2 only and perhaps Left.

Thanks, to all that have replied.

#59318 - 01/30/02 03:50 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY PROBLEMS
technicsplayer Offline

I'll mail you the answer.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online