Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
I believe it bugs you that guys like me go out and earn good money on the side and enjoy it without the years of laborious practice you had to go through.

Not at all - I don't begrudge ANYONE that makes people happy with music - no matter if it's for FREE or FEE ! The money is not always the issue, and only a small part of what determines a true "pro".

Quote:
How much will you charge me to let your brains flow into mine.

IF you've been reading my posts, you'll see that I offer my experience freely and without hesitation. I never hold back a "trade secret" or ever deny an answer to anything I can answer. I offer up as much of my soul in these sessions as I can muster up.

As far as you having trouble putting your thoughts into words...... C'Mon - I don't buy that false modesty for a sec. You're a master of words and you know it. I commented earlier that I enjoy your style of wit and writing, and that remains true.

I just don't understand the apparant feeling that I am attacking you or any other casual users. My posts have always been given with the intent to educate or entertain. I have a lot of experience in this biz, and I love to save younger players from making the same mistakes we made years ago in the trenches.

As far as playing out - go man, go. Have a ball - make the big dough, or do it for the love of art. Just keep the music flowing. That's the only real important issue here. I don't have the eye strength to read anymore "novels" about the subject, but I'll close with a paraphrase of a great writer:

"To play's the thing"