SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#59034 - 04/22/02 03:16 PM Re: membership
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Bud, Congrats! Everybody is so happy for you and so am I. As a new member I'm kind of in the dark. At 75 years old I'm a new junior member. What does it take to be a FULL member? For heavens sake, I'm 5'2 with eyes of blue sporting a 45 inch waist line. I eat three squares a day plus snacks. Isn't that full enough? Would you please consider sending me your gospel stuff. I need all the help I can get along those lines.

Grandpa Doug

#59035 - 04/22/02 08:15 PM Re: membership
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Bud & Gunnar,
Any chance that your gospel styles will be converted to the KN5000 so I can use them on my PR702? Gunnar, are you paying attention? Maybe you could convert them for us that are left out in the cold and post them on your website! How exciting that would be!
Carol

#59036 - 04/23/02 01:08 AM Re: membership
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Douglas the title Junior Member just means you have posted less than 30 messages on the forum. It's simply a way to tell who are frequent users of the forum. You will automatically become a full Member over time.

#59037 - 04/23/02 06:14 AM Re: membership
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Sissle:
....Gunnar, are you paying attention? Maybe you could convert them for us that are left out in the cold and post them on your website! How exciting that would be!
Carol

Yes Carol, I'm paying attention

So far there is no easy way to convert from KN6/6500 to KN5000 or
other KN's.
As long as I "only" have a KN5000 myself, I can't play those styles,
and don't have any idea of how those styles sound at all.
But if I understand Bud correctly, this is converted styles that he
have tweaked and adjusted to fit his taste, so maybe some of the material
is among the stuff at my site already?

Another big problem is that one of my free webspace providers closing
down the service, so if I shall continue the free downloadservice, I
have quite a lot of work to do before the 15th of June
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#59038 - 04/23/02 06:41 AM Re: membership
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Nigel,

Thanks for the info. I did know I had to post a number of times but not the number itself. The part about three squares plus snacks was just trying to add a little humor to a somewhat dull question. Thanks again.

Grandpa Doug

#59039 - 04/23/02 02:11 PM Re: membership
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Sissle, the kn6k styles are playable with the PR903/603 ensembles, but I don't know about the 702. I would suppose you've already tried them out. A lot of the styles I redo are directly off internet sites, Gunnar's included. You can download a lot of stuff from the Technics Player List site, but the last time I tried the site, I couldn't get in, so it may have closed. If I remember right, you lack a composer on your machine, but can play styles someone else converts for you. You should visit Gunnar Jonnys site and look for the kn5k styles. Maybe they will work, but if not, you should get your order in right now for a new kn7k, and let all of us know how nice it is. I've heard the end of October is when they will be out.

#59040 - 04/23/02 06:33 PM Re: membership
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Bud & Gunnar,
Bud, my 702 has the Composer function, but I haven't learned how to use it yet. Was hoping to get to that part in the near future. I just mastered burning CD's, and am having a ball playing around with that. As far as Gunnar's site, I have been there many times and downloaded almost everything he has posted there. It is such a great service that he provides for us Technics users! There is no way we can all thank him enough for all the hours and TLC he has put into his website just for us! He has enriched our lives beyond belief! For those of you who have never visited Gunnar's site, I highly recommend it! As far as the KN7000 is concerned, I think I have to learn my PR first! However, I have toyed with the idea as a second instrument, but will wait to see what it sounds like.

Gunnar, sorry to hear that you are going to lose one of your free servers. Wish there was some way we could help you perform all the tasks you need to do by June 15th so you can keep your website open. It is tops in my books!

Carol

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online