SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58538 - 08/24/03 12:17 AM TALKING OF MAGAZINES
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI ALL.
HAVE JUST READ THE POST ABOUT THE KEYBOARD MAGAZINE. DOES ANYONE RECALL A MAGAZINE CALLED THE 'SHEET MUSIC' MAGAZINE. I USED TO RECEIVE IT FROM THE U.S.A. A FEW YEARS AGO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS STILL PUBLISHED?
PETE B.

#58539 - 08/24/03 01:12 AM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Peter,

Yes, Sheet Music Magazine is still being published. However, now they mail to the U.S. and Canada only according to their website. I was a subscriber for a few years while living in California. It is a wonderful magazine. I pulled the staples out of every issue and filed the music in notebook binders. Still have all of it. They published four editions each month - Easy Piano, Standard Piano, Easy Organ, and Standard Organ. Sure beats paying for sheet music in a music store! Their web address is as follows if you want to take a look:
http://www.sheetmusicmagazine.com

Take care, Peter.

Chuck

#58540 - 08/24/03 11:10 AM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Related to this subject...I'm looking for a place to buy a few"fake books". Anyone know of a good online site ?

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#58541 - 08/24/03 12:29 PM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Have a browse through Amazon Larry - there are a few there.

I've just had a look - if you type 'fake books' into the search window, it returns over 150 hits......

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 08-24-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58542 - 08/24/03 01:05 PM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I subscribed in the mid-eighties when I gave up guitar and started organs. Great magazine. Still have quite a few copies. Fake books are better, but sometimes don't include the whole song.

#58543 - 08/24/03 01:41 PM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Chuck, Bud & all.
Thanks for the replies on the 'S.M' Mag..
The ones that I got were originally from a U.K. based company called 'Songs Unlimited' the for some reason they stopped them. I found the music to be very good as it was full stave music and I still have several copies. I did try to find their web site some time ago but without success. Thanks for the address Chuck, much appreciated.
regards
Pete B.

#58544 - 08/24/03 06:04 PM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
TOMMAW Offline

Loc: HUNTINGTON,WV USA
HAL LEONARD HAS 100'S OF EASY PLAY ANS FAKE BOOKS. WWW.HALLEONARD.COM AND SEARCH PLAY TODAY...

#58545 - 08/24/03 08:25 PM Re: TALKING OF MAGAZINES
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Fake books can be found on ebay also. Sometimes there are ones no longer available. One can save some money too.

Scott Langholff

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online