Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58449 - 04/10/06 06:36 AM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by blackmoor:
Ok... Now, what does sys-ex dump mean?...

Maybe this will answer some of your questions:
http://www.cakewalk.com/support/docs/sysx.asp

Again, as long as the saved sequenserfiles you have from your
KN750 don't have the drums as GM, you have to remap the drums,
and that's something I'm not familiar to.
You can i.e. transfer the tracks from KN to G8 by midiconnection
when your equipment is proper set, but you will not manage to
transfer the drumtrack properly, if transfer at all.

But here is an older posts from the forum where similiar topic
is dicussed, maybe it is for any help:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000649.html

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#58450 - 04/10/06 11:28 PM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
if you can record your KN song to a p.c sequencer do it.
Hopefully the KN750 actually sends drum tracks as notes. (The KN800 only sent program changes or sys ex data, not the actual notes)
Once you've got your midifile , use GN Midi to break up the drum track. You'll end up with 10 to 20 individual drum tracks , with only one type of drum instrument per track.
Save the midifile as format 1 (not 0)
You should have drum maps of your g800 in the back of the manual.
Does your kn750 have drum maps in the manual?
If not, you're going to have to try and work it out yourself, which can be very difficult.

If you have drum maps for both instruments, it'simply a case of transposing each of the drum tracks to the correct g800 drum instrument.

Just say bass drum in KN is an a2 note and bass drum in g800 is a c1 note, all you do is transpose the a2 drum track down to a c1 drum track.
You'll have to do this with each of the tracks.

best wishes
Rikki
It's an awful lot of work.
Quote:
Ok... Now, what does sys-ex dump mean? I have that function in my technics? Could I somehow transfer the song to the computer by using that function? And then use the gn-midi to adjust drum track, and then save it to a general midifile and then save the song to a disk and use it in roland g800?

Or should i just connect my technics to computer, record the midi data what technics sends when it plays the song and transfer that to a GM song?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#58451 - 04/11/06 10:57 AM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
blackmoor Offline

Just got the kn750 and g800 talking to each other. So, if anyone knows about how to change the roland's drum mapping? because that would be easier than to drive the songs thru pc and change every drum to a correct place. Or if hte g800 can access a drum patch from a disk? is there a program to make this drum patch, or do you know if someone has done it?

Asking this because all the other instruments work just fine, and the drums aren't bad, only when cymbals come to the picture. they are messed up.

And other thing, is the control track from the technics possible to be read in g800? like changing tones and changing the mixer settings during the song?

Anyway, thanx for all your help so far, I really appreciate it, and still can't believe, that there are so helpful people in the world!

#58452 - 04/12/06 01:46 AM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
doesn't the sequencer in the g800 have event list editing ??? if it's only the odd drum that doesn't sound right, scroll thru & delete or change drum to something else.
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blackmoor:
[B]
Asking this because all the other instruments work just fine, and the drums aren't bad, only when cymbals come to the picture. they are messed up.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#58453 - 04/26/06 06:48 AM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
blackmoor Offline

Hi again!

This time I would like to know what program would be easy and fast way to make new comps for tecchnics kn750 and for roland g800?

I have emc styleworks, but i don't know how to make new comps or even edit comps with it.

If there is a better program, or if you could help me how to edit comps with emc, i would really appreciate it!

#58454 - 04/26/06 07:49 PM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
with emc styleworks 2000 universal
you should be able to make styles using the song to style convertor ie
you could record all the style parts as a midifile in a sequencer, then use the song to style convertor to turn it into a style for either keyboard if you have universal.

You can also use the import /export function to edit styles in a sequencer. You can do limited editing of a style if you have the " Plus" package in EMC. You can edit notes, delete notes but you don't appear to be able to add them.

best wishes
Rikki
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/makingstyles/
Quote:
Hi again!

This time I would like to know what program would be easy and fast way to make new comps for tecchnics kn750 and for roland g800?

I have emc styleworks, but i don't know how to make new comps or even edit comps with it.

If there is a better program, or if you could help me how to edit comps with emc, i would really appreciate it!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#58455 - 04/29/06 02:27 AM Re: Technics kn750 and my songs and styles
blackmoor Offline

Someone is offering me a technics kn 901. What is that keyboeard? is it like kn 1000?

Is it gm compatible? and could this read my song diskettes?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online