SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58068 - 05/28/02 10:29 AM Tempo change via sequencer
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Spent several happy (?)hours easy recording a song till I got it more or less spot on then saved it onto a floppy. A few days later played the disk and then felt the tempto was a tad too fast. Rather than try recording it again thought I'd try the easy ( ha ha)way and changed tempo via sequencer and step record. Never done this before but eventually managed it and saved the amended version back to disk. When playing it back it was fine until I reached the point where I had changed the panel memory from one to two on making the recording to vary the accompaniment pattern and change sounds, and the blessed thing reverted to the original recorded tempo. On reaching the playback point where I had returned to the first panel during recording, the tempo changed back to the new amended tempo.

Also,on both panel memory changing points, there is a nano second but obvious delay before the change takes place - this wasn't apparent when actually recording the song.

Any ideas on this point and in giving me a step by step guide to altering tempo via the sequencer, please ?.

Peter

#58069 - 05/28/02 11:20 AM Re: Tempo change via sequencer
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Peter
If you're using several panel memories in your sequenced song, then you need to set the tempo you want for each panel memory. From your description it sounds as though you just changed the tempo in panel memory 1 and not panel memory 2 etc...

#58070 - 05/28/02 12:54 PM Re: Tempo change via sequencer
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
I am sure you should also write the new settings before saving, this shows as Panel Write on the sequencer page.
Walter.

#58071 - 05/28/02 04:22 PM Re: Tempo change via sequencer
technicsplayer Offline

if you have already changed the tempo in step record the easiest solution is to simply switch tempo to OFF in the panel memory expand mode filter.

The song will then stay at the new tempo with no glitches.

The advantage of this method is that you can change the tempo again for fine tuning for the whole song with only one operation, rather than having to re-save a whole series of panel memories.

Confusingly tempo is the one thing that panel write does not affect...

#58072 - 05/29/02 10:14 AM Re: Tempo change via sequencer
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks everyone. I learn a little more everyday and one day may be the master - nothing like having high hopes

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online