SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#5814 - 05/06/03 01:29 AM Re: best and worst performances!!
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
hahahah

Quote:
Originally posted by Morphamatik:
Jiddu,

You mean she short circuited the Les Paul right?

heh no morph she didnt *screw* his les paul.

#5815 - 05/08/03 12:24 PM Re: best and worst performances!!
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Morph...I saw the same comedian do that routine.
You forgot the last line:
"Why Ann...you frisky biscuit yoooo!!"

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 05-08-2003).]

#5816 - 05/08/03 01:20 PM Re: best and worst performances!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, I've spent the musician part of my life primarily as a general business (weddings, dances,etc.) band member, same guys, 26 years....most of it was great, ..so that's my point of reference .....
The WORST gig was a mid-day wedding we were playing in the month of July ... Inside the catering hall a cool 70F, outside, 98F in the shade... All of a sudden there is a power shortage in the area... no lights, no ac, no sound from our 'electric' instruments... We make some frantic calls and about 45 minutes later, I'm playing accordion, the bass player's playing stand up acoustic, the vocalist is singing through a bullhorn ... Since a lot of the crowd went outside, we did also, and played as best we could ... We busted our backs and 4 hours later, drenched with sweat, hoarse throats from singing with no mics, totally wiped out, we go to the groom to get paid and he tells us "you didn't provide the music I expected, so you're not getting paid!!!" ...
About an hour later after talking with the parents, the bride and the groom again, cooler heads prevailed and we left, cash in hand.
The best - I would have to say it was a few years ago when, having moved to Rhode Island, I eventually hooked up with a group that played classic RnR ... Creedance, Steppenwolf, Beatles, Stones, even 50's doowop ... We were invited to play at the Providence Waterfront Festival held on Labor Day weekend .... What a set-up ... on the waterfront, street blocked off to traffic except for motorcycles, under a huge tent that covered what was the parking lot of a couple of bars... big stage, lights, huge speakers, sound man, the works ... G.E.Smith was the headliner for the day....The months of rehearsals paid off in a flawless performance and as we were breaking down our gear I heard one of the members of the next group say "We have to follow THEM?!?" ...
It was quite a thrill for a 55 yrs young kb player ...
t.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online