SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#57767 - 10/08/03 04:43 PM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

jrw, no offence taken, I assure you. My single point is that a dos directory list is useless to identify John's audio songs on sd, and useless for identifying technics or midi song names on sd either, since you started talking about technics file names when John asked about his audio song names, so really the whole idea is of no use whatever as an answer to his problem.
From telling us to be "comfortable with dos files" and advising us to "know what you are doing" we have now travelled to the point of needing to memorise all the song names in every file in every folder in every playlist on the sd card.

John, that's an easy way to catalogue your mp3s on the pc but the problem of mp3s once on the sd remain. I could send Thomas the design information to add this function to our programs but he is busy too

Larry, 4000 mp3s is not too bad... You can fit around 250 on a cd, around 330 on a microdrive which fits in a matchbox sized player, around 1400 on a dvd, and 5000 to 6000 on a basic hand held multimedia player with a hard drive.

#57768 - 10/09/03 05:45 AM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
jrw, no offence taken, I assure you. My single point is that a dos directory list is useless to identify John's audio songs on sd, and useless for identifying technics or midi song names on sd either, since you started talking about technics file names when John asked about his audio song names, so really the whole idea is of no use whatever as an answer to his problem.
From telling us to be "comfortable with dos files" and advising us to "know what you are doing" we have now travelled to the point of needing to memorise all the song names in every file in every folder in every playlist on the sd card.

John, that's an easy way to catalogue your mp3s on the pc but the problem of mp3s once on the sd remain. I could send Thomas the design information to add this function to our programs but he is busy too

Larry, 4000 mp3s is not too bad... You can fit around 250 on a cd, around 330 on a microdrive which fits in a matchbox sized player, around 1400 on a dvd, and 5000 to 6000 on a basic hand held multimedia player with a hard drive.
Thanks again Alex, most of my MP3s are on 16 CDs and another lot in folders in the PC, it would be great if you could give Thomas the info to put Audio into his program, but as you say he is busy, sometime maybe, with the SD-Card I just keep experimenting and no doubt I will get there in the end, at least it keeps the old grey matter working.JohnnyB

#57769 - 10/09/03 05:50 AM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

John, you're doing pretty damn good so far as I can see

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online