SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57743 - 07/19/02 01:31 AM Re: Purpose of This Forum
technicsplayer Offline

Scott is absolutely right, in every punctuation mark of his post (except the fact that his keyboard is better than mine! ). The role of moderator is to remove posts as an absolute last resort in case of disgraceful language etc, and must be seen as impartial at all times.
It is not to hand down edicts, editorials, remove valid posts, create private cliques, or to attempt to denigrate selectively, however well intentioned it may have seemed at the time (debatable!). This leads inevitably to the factionalisation we see happening as sure as night follows day.

#57744 - 07/19/02 06:01 AM Re: Purpose of This Forum
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
For Scottyee,

You have said it well. I have read the General Arranger Forum for probably a year or more before this one became active. I also ocassionally read other Forums here at Synthzone. I only posted on a few occassion.

I know how Nigel moderates and that is what is needed here.

Great post and a voice of reason. I don't want to be a troublemaker...I just see this Forum losing good members....and that doesn't need to happen. That's why I felt I needed to speak up.

Marilyn

PS your keyboard is not better....I own a Technics and you sold yours!!!

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 07-19-2002).]

#57745 - 07/19/02 02:19 PM Re: Purpose of This Forum
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
I have also been very disappointed with the way this forum has been going over the last few weeks.
It seems such a shame that so many of you seem to be at Bebop, I have always felt that he has done a good job here, sometimes a bit over enthusiastic I agree, but that is Bebops style, with the comments about turning the forum into a holiday program, he was just so pleased with it that he wanted to share it with us all.
I never had a problem with that, and I know many others didnt either.
You can tell by the posts that there is a clash of peronalities here at the forum, how it can be resolved I am not sure, but it does need resolving and the sooner the better, I feel Bebop has been pushed into a corner by some of you, and he did not deserve it.
Mike

#57746 - 07/19/02 02:57 PM Re: Purpose of This Forum
technicsplayer Offline

In honesty I don't think this is the correct time to continue this subject. I thought we were discussing matters of principle here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online