SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57624 - 10/30/05 10:27 AM SD card data erased
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
A terrible thing happened to one of my sd cards that had a lot of registrations on it.
I wanted to load it into my wifes laptop in order to copy the details and then print them for easier reference.I tried without sucess,and then gave up.
When I was ready to load another registration on it,horrors!! I found the previous data had been erased.
I've no idea what went wrong,has anyone got any clues?

Derek Munson

#57625 - 10/30/05 03:05 PM Re: SD card data erased
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
This happened to me and I was loading the SD Card to the KN7000. I wasn't aware that I had done anything different but I did notice that the little red light that comes on for a few seconds when first loaded then goes out, was taking longer than usual but like you, it wasn't until I came to actually use the card I realised that somehow it had been formatted. This was a new Panasonic SD card which I had bought only two weeks prior to this happening at a cost of around £70. I inspected the card and compared the markings on the gold bars with other SDs I have and I thought it didn't look right so I took the new card back to the shop (as it was under guarantee) together with one of my other cards and the assistant agreed with me the new card appeared to be faulty and he gave me another new card immediately which (fingers crossed) is working perfectly.

Of course, I wasn't able to regain my settings but from this mishap I have learned two things:-

1) always keep the SD Card "locked" and
2) always back up to PC or Floppy after each new setting(s) you add to it.

I know it doesn't help you to tell you all this but at least you will know you are not alone in experiencing this crash and the devastating affect it has.

Aud (U.K.)

#57626 - 10/30/05 04:03 PM Re: SD card data erased
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Not too helpful, but somewhere on some forum I have seen mention of an SD recovery software tool. Perhaps others are aware of it's location.
Keith

#57627 - 10/31/05 04:01 PM Re: SD card data erased
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Keith,

Yes you are right, there is a tool that is really helpful. I have it and it is called the KN SD Explorer Tool. It enables you to quickly restore the SD Card, merge cards, sort them etc. BUT your data has to be backed up first and unfortunately, mine was not. Needless to say, I now make sure I always back up before doing anything with my cards - just in case!

Aud

#57628 - 11/01/05 03:10 AM Re: SD card data erased
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
This happened to me and I was loading the SD Card to the KN7000. I wasn't aware that I had done anything different but I did notice that the little red light that comes on for a few seconds when first loaded then goes out, was taking longer than usual but like you, it wasn't until I came to actually use the card I realised that somehow it had been formatted. This was a new Panasonic SD card which I had bought only two weeks prior to this happening at a cost of around £70. I inspected the card and compared the markings on the gold bars with other SDs I have and I thought it didn't look right so I took the new card back to the shop (as it was under guarantee) together with one of my other cards and the assistant agreed with me the new card appeared to be faulty and he gave me another new card immediately which (fingers crossed) is working perfectly.

Of course, I wasn't able to regain my settings but from this mishap I have learned two things:-

1) always keep the SD Card "locked" and
2) always back up to PC or Floppy after each new setting(s) you add to it.

I know it doesn't help you to tell you all this but at least you will know you are not alone in experiencing this crash and the devastating affect it has.

Aud (U.K.)

Audrey,
Thanks for the advise,however this happened on my wife's laptop.

Derek

#57629 - 11/01/05 05:40 AM Re: SD card data erased
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
A program called "BadCopy Pro" may be just what you need. I've used it to recover digital pictures that were inadvertantly erased on my cameras memory stick. You can download a copy of the shareware at the link below:
http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/

Hope it helps,
Ron

#57630 - 11/01/05 11:01 AM Re: SD card data erased
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
I tried backing up my sd card, got files on my computer ok went to use card and nothing, tried re loading from my computer but still doesnt work.

#57631 - 11/03/05 06:35 AM Re: SD card data erased
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pierce:
A program called "BadCopy Pro" may be just what you need. I've used it to recover digital pictures that were inadvertantly erased on my cameras memory stick. You can download a copy of the shareware at the link below:
http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/

Hi Ron,
Thank you for the info,I downloaded that software and tried it but it did not restore the data on my SD card.I don't know if I did something wrong although it scrolled the card,but it seemed to be going on for ever,so I stopped it but other than what I had recently put on,nothing else.

Derek Munson

Hope it helps,
Ron

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online