SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57538 - 02/09/04 05:38 AM selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi everybody,
My question is this: I have made some (composer)styles myself with in the right1/2 a sound (voice). Saved it all in a panel memory
Playing around with the music stylist I sometimes hear a sound(instrument) which I think suits good by a selfmade song (style).

Now the problem. Selecting the desired style with the instrument by the stylist, load my style(song) and press panel memory. Gone is the instrument (voice) that I want for my own style or the otherway round gone my style. I figured out that by copying my composer lets say in memory A variation 1 to C
then select the style throug the stylist and copy back from C to A I get the desired sound by my style and save this in the panel memory.
Is there no easier way to do this.
rgds.
Willem

#57539 - 02/09/04 06:05 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
technicsplayer Offline

yes... assuming I have understood the question correctly, and you wish to substitute an MSA registration for one of your panel memories in a self made style:

Load up your style and press the panel memory you want to overwrite. Now switch on MSA, select the preset with the registration you want and press the correct variation to achieve the right hand sound you want. Switch off MSA. Now change the style from the preset back to the relevant composer and variation, and correct the tempo if you are not filtering tempo in the panel memories. Now just re-save that one panel memory which will now play your composer rhythm with the new (right hand) registration, then re-save your style to SD or floppy.

#57540 - 02/10/04 05:16 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
waterschip Offline

Thanks Alex

Now I have to find out someting how to do it without making much changes in the orginal(panel) composer.
Not only the tempo changes but the volume
off all the accomp 's too.

rgds.
Willem

#57541 - 02/10/04 06:41 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
technicsplayer Offline

ok then, try the opposite approach. Load up your composer style and press the panel memory you want to change. Now call up the MSA and remember the sounds and volumes in R1, R2 and Left. Press the panel memory with your composer style again, and change the R1, R2 sounds and conductor status to the MSA ones. Then resave the panel memory. This way none of your composer accompaniment balances get changed and you only need to balance the volume of R1, R2 etc, but could be more complicated if eg Technichord or DSPs have been used in the new registration.

Alternatively in the panel memory filter there is an accomp and bass setting that will prevent the accomp volumes from changing but allow the right/left sound volumes to change from one panel memory to the next.

There is a single panel memory load that could be used, and also the other panel memory filters could be used to prevent changes you don't want taking effect, tempo etc, but the easiest method depends on exactly what parameters you want to keep and what you want to change from old to new style.

#57542 - 02/10/04 08:06 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
waterschip Offline

Thanks,
Ok I'll give it a try.
Quote:

, but the easiest method depends on exactly what parameters you want to keep and what you want to change from old to new style.[/B]

The pre-programmed(factory) styles have a nice combination of reverb, chorus, dsp etc. and therefore sounds better. That's way I want to use them in my rhtym(composer) style.

rgds.
Willem

#57543 - 02/10/04 08:42 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
technicsplayer Offline

ok, one suggestion to save time, try this:

initialise,
load your composer style. Let's assume it is in panel memory 1.

switch on MSA get your new registration, save it in an unused panel memory, let's say panel memory 8, it can be in bank 10 if you are saving only 3 banks if you like.

press panel memory 1,
go to panel memory expand filter, and switch rhythm to OFF, tempo to OFF, accomp & bass to OFF.

press panel memory 8 to get the new registration - the rhythm, tempo and accomp balances of your composer rhythm will not have changed. Now re-save panel memory 1, and save to SD or disk.

If you initialise again and load your panel memories to test the method you will have your original composer rhythm with all its original balances and tempo but with all the right hand registration settings from the MSA that you like when you press panel memory 1. Modify the method to keep any other parameters in the filter you want to keep in your original registration eg pad bank, split point etc etc.

#57544 - 02/12/04 02:46 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
waterschip Offline

The latest suggestion works fine/best for me.
Save a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
[/B]

It remembers my back to the old days at school. Teacher explaning, try,try ...and at the end with a he gave a simple solution/suggestion. I always wonder why they did this. But just as the previous suggestions you made, I have learned more of the possibilities of the keyboard.There are more ways etc.
Thanks Alex.

#57545 - 02/13/04 01:45 AM Re: selfmade style with sound form keyboard style
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online