SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57357 - 09/14/03 12:23 AM Looking for EDITORS
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best forumfriends,
as I answered to the post of Larry 'how to convert ...' I whish to share a thought with you.
In the last months I saw that some items frequently were asked. No problem with that and everyone gets an answer from the allways helpfull members. Members could also search in the archives of SZ, but than you get great lists of items to go through.
My idea: to (let) make summaries of the 'frequently asked questions'. However it could be also new items. I could place those summaries/items on my homepage as it could develops to a 'knowledge-base' for KN7000 keyboardists?
On my homepage I have made an KN700 TIPS, TRICKS and INFORMATION page with an (starting) index of related items.

The ESSENCE is: any member could, if he/she whishes, 'adopt' one (or more) item/issues and he/she is also the 'Editor' of his/her choosen item.

If you whish, you could visit KESO, to see some of the examples I worked out (See on the TIPS and TRICKS page C2 and D1).

I hope I made myself clear and I am curious on your reaction,

the EDITOR of this post,
Cees

P.S. Please see KESO-site: click INFORMATION ; click TIPS & TRICKS PAGE

#57358 - 09/14/03 08:46 AM Re: Looking for EDITORS
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Cees,
I would reccomend that you include your website URL in every post you make here directing people to your website. We are getting may new members all the time and many of them have a lot of Technics experience and might just be givers and not takers.
This is a fine idea you are proposing here. I am highly in favor of it and I am sure others will be. The question is will they volunteer to do this. Time will tell.
My experience after doing the 20 for 1 song program for a couple years, taught me that it is very difficult to motivate people to contribute and to take the time and trouble to send a quick email of appreciation to the person that did all the work for them. Everyone is willing to take what you freely give as long as it is without the responsibilty of giving something back. There is a solid core of people here that will always be at the forfront of shakers and doers. Thanks to them. We all know who they are. Yes, I am sure those people will be the same ones that volunteer to help you with this editing.
I am working at lightening my workload so I will not be volunteering for this. I need some free time for other things after giving all my time to this forum and the email list members for over 2 years.
May I reccomend some of the many people that told me, "OH, I don't play well enough to contribute any songs but I sure will take all you offer". Perhaps some of thiese people can type well enough to contribute some help to editing your forum.
Best of luck. Keep the faith.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU ARE DOING FOR OUR MEMBERS.
Best to all
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 09-14-2003).]

#57359 - 09/14/03 02:15 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Cees,
what a wonderful idea. I remember someone suggesting something like this in a post a few days ago. Hopefully we'll pitch in and get it working.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57360 - 09/14/03 04:04 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
To Cees;

Just curious, is your site solely dedicated to the KN models? Have you thought about having other Technics models included on your website, Ex: The PR model line?

There are no websites that I can find (unless I missed them) for the PR models. All that can be found is for the KN's.

This forum has been very helpful, because PR owners have a place to go to ask questions, or simply read the posts that may spark a learning moment.

Anthony

#57361 - 09/15/03 03:20 AM Re: Looking for EDITORS
cees Offline

Hi Anthony,
I'm sorry to disappoint you. I have only the intention to stick with the KN7000 en KN6X00 (and maybe the future KN8000 ). Why?? More practical reasons, I had the KN6000 and have the KN7000, so I can 'control'and participate (and listen ) for myself. Furtheron: it is still a hobby and their must be time left for my job, for my wife and family, paying the bills and taxes, the keyboardplaying and all those other hobbies... (Maybe I could ask my boss to retire one year earlier ) Hope you understand....
Best regards
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
To Cees;

Just curious, is your site solely dedicated to the KN models? Have you thought about having other Technics models included on your website, Ex: The PR model line?

There are no websites that I can find (unless I missed them) for the PR models. All that can be found is for the KN's.

This forum has been very helpful, because PR owners have a place to go to ask questions, or simply read the posts that may spark a learning moment.

Anthony

#57362 - 09/15/03 02:37 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Anthony
I tend to think a lot of the questions and answers would be applicable to your pr piano anyway, except for sd card functions & custom styles, which piano's don't appear to have.
From what I've gathered, the piano's play kn styles & songs ( but not vice versa).

So fortunately, our piano playing friends won't be left out of the loop altogether.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
[B]To Cees;

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57363 - 09/15/03 02:43 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm good at asking questions.
Does that qualify me as an Editor ?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#57364 - 09/15/03 04:23 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
cees Offline

For sure Larry,
each 'editored' item is based on a (good) question! If one asked a wrong question, one got a wrong answer; so how better you are at asking questions, means ...?
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I'm good at asking questions.
Does that qualify me as an Editor ?

Larry Hawk

#57365 - 09/15/03 08:02 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Cees,
I just did a posting on creating pads. Not sure if that's the type of stuff you're interested in for your site.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57366 - 09/15/03 10:37 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
cees Offline

HI Rikki,
you hit the nail on the head. The essence is not 'what I like', but what should be interesting stuff for our forumfriends to use all those great features in the advanced KN7000. As you saw in your related post you get a reply from Walt, in which he wrotes he should let you know if he had questions/remarks upon that. This is just the process what would make you (for this item) a Editor. With all the remarks etc. you could improve this procedure/tutor till it is finished. My role should be as a webmaster of KESO to change your possible articles/ procedures or tutors, on that which you ask/mail me to change!!. People can always directly react on your work to you in personal.
Without putting press on you, you could be one of the first Editors, Rikki .
Good job you did,
greetings,
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Cees,
I just did a posting on creating pads. Not sure if that's the type of stuff you're interested in for your site.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 09-15-2003).]

#57367 - 09/16/03 08:04 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
AnthonyCian Offline

To Cees and Rikki, hello...

Well the PR's are unfortunately a one way street. The PR804 can load and play KN6000/6500/7000 formated files. But not the other way around. I feel guilty because here I am downloading, and getting all kinds of KN songs but can't contribute because 98% have KN's and are unable to use the PR formated files.

Sooooo, my next option is converting PR804 technics formated songs to NX midi. I'm still trying to figure out the best way in getting the NX methodology to sound like I want it. Not that easy especially when changing instrument sounds that use the control (panel memory) which doesn't carry over to NX. One has to edit to put those sounds in. And I don't have third party programs, don't know which is the correct one for my needs. If by any chance I do get an NX midi that I like, how would it sound on a KN???

Anthony

#57368 - 09/16/03 08:40 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I have visited Cees site several times and I would like to go on public record to thank him loudly for the remarkable job he has done, not only collecting and sharing songs from so many wonderful keyboard performers,but also for the editing he has started to do in organizing the questions and answers for several categories. I would love to be an editor, according to his request, except that I do not think I have the musical or technical expertise to answer most of the queries. So, I hope that someone will be able to assist him on continuing this wonderful project that he has inititated on his site. I feel somewhat motivational in that,, some time ago I suggested such an organization of the Forum questions and answers, and I am delighted that Cees (and others) have begun this magnificent innovation on the site. So, again, thank you, thank you, thank you, Cees, for your seemingly tireless efforts in our behalf. This Technics 7000 enthusiast is most grateful to you and supports you 1000%.

Best personal regards and good luck, dear friend!

Ted

#57369 - 09/17/03 02:52 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Anthony,
I might be missing something here as I'm not really into sequencing,
but,
if you recorded your song into the sequencer,
then put it throught the APC to smf function,
then saved it as a midifile with
panel header "on"
save as "nx"

shouldn't that basically give you the eqivalent of your sequencer file, but in midifile format. The only thing is maybe some of the sounds and volumes might not be 100% correct if the 2 machines don't have identical sounds & settings.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
To Cees and Rikki, hello...

Sooooo, my next option is converting PR804 technics formated songs to NX midi. I'm still trying to figure out the best way in getting the NX methodology to sound like I want it. Not that easy especially when changing instrument sounds that use the control (panel memory) which doesn't carry over to NX. One has to edit to put those sounds in. And I don't have third party programs, don't know which is the correct one for my needs. If by any chance I do get an NX midi that I like, how would it sound on a KN???

Anthony

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57370 - 09/17/03 02:58 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I believe Ted Rose would be a great Proof Reader and one who would be perfect for editing the English Language.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#57371 - 09/17/03 07:15 PM Re: Looking for EDITORS
AnthonyCian Offline

Hi Rikki:

Well it's pretty straight forward converting a technics format to NX using APC to SMF. Right after the conversion, and doing a playback, the conversion plays just as it was in Technics format using APC. Even keeping the sound changes R1, R2 and Left. But once saved as a NX/midi, and loaded back in, it's just not the same and it won't carry over the instrument sound changes.

My style of playing is that I like to change instruments in the melody part, using 3 or 4 different sounds. NX midi will not carry these sound changes over. One has to use StepRecord to enter these sound changes for the R1, R2 and Left if panel memory or similar control funtions were used.

I noticed not that many folks here touch on the subject of NX very much. I wonder why that is?

Anthony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online