SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57302 - 09/09/02 03:02 PM KN7000
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
Have had the KN7000 since Saturday and am finding it to be a delight!
The voices are just great and the organ sounds are to die for. Solo voices are improved over the KN6500- Rhythms and accomp. par excellence.
The hinged display works fine, no problems putting the screen on just the right angle.
If you are "on the fence" about purchasing a KN7000, do it, you will not be disappointed.
My only negative remark is the owners manual. It really does not do much to teach you how the functions work. I know, there is a help menu but it does not tell you about making presets (not clearly)or about the custom or favorites settings.
Guess we will have to pay someone to write a manual who can do it and make sense.
I have emailed Technics about this.
Love my 7000, Lloyd

#57303 - 09/09/02 03:38 PM Re: KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I agree Lloyd, it has been said so many times, by so many people on this and other forums. It never ceases to amaze me how Technics can produce such a wonderful range of instruments and supply them with such C**P manuals. It will be very interesting to see what reply you get from them. I know that some of the guys at Technics UK do visit this forum so will most likely see our remarks.
You may not be aware that Alec wrote an excellent supplementary manual called 'How do I do That', basically for the KN6000 and KN6500 but much of it still applies to the KN7000. It's published in the USA and you can get a copy of it by contacting Walt Tenay at keybstud@sccoast.net - very good value for money
BIG HINT Maybe Alec's thinking about an updated version ??

Walt's Web Site is http://www.keynotepublications.com

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 09-09-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57304 - 09/10/02 05:28 AM Re: KN7000
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
Bill Norrie:
Will wait for new manual for the KN7000
My dealer has promised that we will have some classes for the KN7000- Simon Robertson,a Technics artist is affiliated with my dealer. He has vast knowledge of the Technics organs and keyboards so this should be of great assistance to me.
Thanks for replying to my posted message.
Great to have so many friends of Technics.
Lloyd

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online