SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#5748 - 04/15/02 01:57 PM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by optinone:
Roland does not produce FAT sounding synths. They make good synths for(badly) replicating acoustic sounds, like strings and guitars.

You've never heared a Roland, have You?
Tek and Maximo are 100% right.

[This message has been edited by Stalker (edited 04-15-2002).]

#5749 - 04/18/02 12:44 PM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
I use to own an xp-30, my buddy has and XP-80. I used my XP with a MS-2000r for awhile and the XP couldn't keep up without turning down the ms2000r to nearly inaudible decible levels just to here those crappy ROM drums sounds come outta the XP-30. I sold both those synths cause the XP-30 wasn't powerful, and the MS-2000r didn't have enough polyphony/multitimbrality. So... I have my opinionated information and use guys can keep using Roland products. Have it your way.
But hey, you guys are right, and i'll just continue using the "other" stuff.

#5750 - 04/18/02 02:01 PM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
tekminus Offline

You must have a crappy monitoring setup.

-tek

#5751 - 04/18/02 02:25 PM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
You can keep trying to justify why i think Roland sucks, but its not my "monitoring system" I already told you why, if you can't except that, then keep on using XP series, it dosen't matter to me.
Maybe some of there new models are better, I don't know, Ive never tried a Phantom or whatever. I do know, However, that I never hear anyone Bragging about the massive sound qaulity of an SP-808, or any other Roland sampler either. Or the Variphrase, the concept was there, but everytime i go into Guitar Center, someone is always bringing in a Variphrase for repair, Hmmmmm what could that mean? Im sorry if i offend anyone who uses Roland, Im sure they work great for whatever application one might use them for, They just don't work for my application, Okay?
P.S.
I never hear anyone talking up and XP series synth either(except the manufacturer themselves.)

#5752 - 04/18/02 02:41 PM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I'm not a old member in this Forum, but I understand that people in here mostly speak about new gear coming out, comparison among keyboards, new styles, showing off own nusic recording(mostly crap for grandmother and groundfather),problem with keyboard sequencing, MIDI implementation, and I also understand that they dont talk about keyboards don't have bugs and problems.
In conclution I think that the best keyboards are the one are not mentioned in this forum for any of those problem I listed above.
Quote:No talk about a keyboard makes good keyboard.
Roland XP-80 must be one of those

P.S. This message is dedicated to optinone and all the people thinks that Roland keyboard are bed.

#5753 - 04/20/02 02:04 PM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
The rolands do indeed suck. They are made for trying to imitate accoustic instruments. No synth is good at this. Samplers are better.

I would go for a nice sampler and a nive VA.

Something like the AKAi s5000 and a Virus or Novation.

#5754 - 04/21/02 12:18 AM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
Soft Machine Offline

no way

i got two rolands a Juno106 and a Juno60
and I never try to imitate any existing instrument

(except a Hammond...one of these days!!!))

#5755 - 04/21/02 09:27 AM Re: I need a synth...Any recommendations?
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon45:
They [Roland] are made for trying to imitate acoustic instruments

That is not right. The JD-800 e.g. is very good in producing phantastic synthetic sounds. And the XP can do both very well.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online