SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#56957 - 12/31/05 07:20 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
I took it upon myself to submit a proposal to the Quality Inn. I suggested that we would pay the $200 per day fee, if they would throw the room in for the 31st, for about a half day if we want it. I pointed out that as well as having 3 day guests, there would be several checking in a day early (4 day guests) as well as friends from England staying an entire week. I also said that the majority of the ppl would avail themselves to the restaurant at the Quality (OK, so I may have stretched it a little, lol). It makes good economic sense for them to give us the room for the 3rd day. As soon as I hear back, I'll let you know their response.
I did remind them (again) that there would be music being played, that it wasn't "rap" or "head banger" but that it still was music. I also asked for the approximate dimensions of what a "1/4 of the ballroom" actually is.
Hopefully, everything will pull together shortly. If we do have it here in Sebring, I play at a very nice local restaurant on Wednesday evenings (5:30 - 8:30). The food is excellent, and I'd like like to think that the entertainment is tolerable, lol. I'll gladly take care of the reservations etc. for those wishing to come to the restaurant and hear the 7000 "in action".

#56958 - 12/31/05 08:43 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Jim,
Sounds great to me. Your doing a great job.

Fran in SC

#56959 - 01/04/06 08:06 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
GREAT NEWS!!! I met Kate Roman today at the Quality Inn. She said that she and her GM had been talking about our conference room requirements. They felt that perhaps the "1/4 of the ballroom" might not be the best for our situation, inasmuch as we're going to be playing music etc and there is a chance that there could be something going on in another part of the ballroom. They have a former dining room which is HUGE - she suggested that we use that room. It has it's own entrance, it's own restroom facilities, etc. and does not adjoin another conference room.
Regarding the 31'st and a possible $200 charge for that day, she is going to email me with a couple suggestions regarding a luncheon set-up for the 2 days, that way she can throw the room in for 31'st. If we want to take advantage of this, I can post info. regarding the luncheons and the costs. If we decide to just take the room for the 29th and 30th, we can do that as well.
Frankly, I suggest that we jump on this ASAP, if for no other reason than to have the very large room for our "Jam".
She indicated that she'll set-up a master file, and when making reservations, indicate that it's for the "Yahoo conference" Her info is:
Kate Roman, Catering Manager
Quality Inn, 6525 US 27 North
Sebring, Florida, 33870
Phone: 863-385-4500
Fax: 863-385-8436
email: k_roman@qualityinnsebring.com

She suggested getting your reservations taken care of ASAP so that she can reserve a block of adjoining rooms for us. She said that if for some reason you are unable to speak with her directly, leave a message and she will contact you.

#56960 - 01/04/06 08:21 PM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Notebuster Offline

Loc: Ocala, Florida, USA
Hey Fran, I didn't look on page 2 either! I am most certain Anthony would be available. It is a small sleepy southern kinda place. As expressed before, the motel/hotels are a distance 6 to 10 miles (have to research that for sure)away from the building. I might be able to find someone who would stay there with a baseball bat over night for security. I believe the going cost per day for the facility was $35. We could bring some grub to eat as there is a kitchen to do whatever, or buy platters from Publix prepared and store things in the frig. There are two motel on the way to Anthony from Ocala. Not sure about how spiffy they are and the accomodations. They are older motels. I think we could work things fairly quickly if everyone decideds on Anthony. I will try to get more info for you.
Jack

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online