SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56888 - 04/18/06 03:52 PM HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?

I recorded a song without an INTRO using SEQUENCER and I used grace notes before the first measure of the rhythm and therefore, needed to use the COUNT INTRO to know when to come in correctly at the first measure. On playback, of course, the COUNT INTRO makes a clicking sound as the grace notes play. From past experience, I figured out how to get rid of them by punch recording the CONTROL track and recording the DRUMS on MUTE through the COUNT INTRO measure and then quickly pressing the PANEL MEMORY I'm using to bring back the drums. Though this works, I don't think this is the correct way of getting rid of the clicks. I spent nearly two hours trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I tried erasing the count measure in both DRUM tracks - no success. I tried erasing the APC measure - no success. Where is this "click" coming from? Clearly, it seems that it is in the DRUM tracks because when I muted those tracks, it disappeared. My result works but there has to be a right way to do this.

Scott

#56889 - 04/19/06 01:57 AM Re: HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nsr007:
HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
Scott

don't use it... copy the style to composer, record with the normal intro, after recording is finished, go the the composer intro and clear it - menu, composer, A B or C, choose the intro, ok, clear the entire pattern. Grace notes will play in perfect silence.

#56890 - 04/19/06 06:15 AM Re: HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
nsr007 Offline

Thanks, Alec. Isn't this about the same as making the grace notes as a one measure Intro only with no other tracks recorded? Doing it this way, I would have to make sure the Intro was on when playing the song so the grace notes would play as an Intro.

S

#56891 - 04/19/06 08:23 AM Re: HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
technicsplayer Offline

I can think of several ways to do it. The first mentioned above is the quickest and easiest for a sequence as originally requested. If you don't want to play the grace notes each time, record them in a track of the composer intro instead. This can be done in real time with drums and other tracks playing, then all the other tracks in the composer intro can be deleted leaving only the grace notes as an automatic intro for live play. Both methods maintain correct timing since you have drums or whatever you like playing while entering the notes, but silence apart from the required notes on playback.

Follow the path into the composer as before, highlight the intro required, ok, press AC1 say, then part clear, choose a voice, play the grace notes in time with the rest of the accompaniment - you can slow the tempo as much as you like, then press all the other parts, DR2, DR1, AC5 etc etc and part clear each in turn... except of course your AC1

#56892 - 04/19/06 09:28 AM Re: HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
nsr007 Offline

Hi Alec,

Thanks, again. Also, I could totally clear out an Intro, use the metronome and record the notes in say AC 1. After recording the notes, mute the metronome.

Are you aware that you can start a measure in SEQUENCER, play the grace notes and quickly hit the stop button and then when the second measure comes up, restart your rhythm pattern by playing a chord and continue recording the song. By doing this, regardless of what measure you begin your APC, will be the first measure of the pattern. After you have recorded the song you can erase the first measure in all tracks but the Rt 1 track that you played the grace notes. What takes place is the SEQUENCER is playing a first measure with no APC recorded. It begins on the second measure.

S

#56893 - 04/19/06 02:47 PM Re: HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF COUNT INTRO?
technicsplayer Offline

naturally, as I said there are several ways to achieve the same result, I just start with the easiest and quickest as preferable to the more complicated

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online