SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56818 - 01/03/06 12:07 AM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - Indeed SDExplorer tool recommended by Bernie is an excellent tool for manipulating files around etc., Audio files though - No

Well worth the cost apart from that - Joan

#56819 - 01/03/06 07:12 AM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks, Fred and thank you, Joan. When I fully get to the point of using the SD Card, I will get the SD Explorer tool. Audrey and others have spoken highly of it.

Joan, why doesn't it work well with audio files? Does it not file them alphabetically? Thanks.

S

#56820 - 01/03/06 07:51 AM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
sturgeon Offline

SD Explorer can only "see" the Technics folders as far as I can make out, but it appears to include audio when making a backup. I haven't tried restoring a backup with it yet , so I don't know if it works properly. It is useful though.

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 01-03-2006).]

#56821 - 01/03/06 12:01 PM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Joan and I were two of the first group that purchased Fred's tool. Believe me it is a wonderful time saver and worth much more than it sells for.

Fran in SC

#56822 - 01/03/06 12:58 PM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - Audio files on SD Explorer.

Use the SEARCH feature on this forum and key-in

"Transfering sd card data"

In a nutshell, Fred Mellink and Co who developed this excellent software took it only to a certain point and developed it to work under Microsoft Windows XP only.

They put a very great deal of their own spare time and effort into developing this package and would have developed it further but the demand for it was far less than they had anticipated, and therefore they sadly decided not to develop any further.

However, as said by myself and others, as it stands it is still an excellent tool and very good value for money........Joan

#56823 - 01/03/06 02:29 PM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
SD Audio files are copy protected and can only be checked in and out to the SD card using the Panasonic card reader and Jukebox software. A maximum of 3 copies of a file can be checked out at any time and and they can only be checked back in on the computer from which they originated. Copies and backups done by any other method will not be recognised by the KN. For this reason when backing up and restoring the SD card it is better to use the Technics Song Manager software.
Having said that, I thoroughly agree with Joan and Fran that for manipulation of KN song files SD Explorer is an excellent tool and well worth the asking price.
It should also be noted that there have been occasional examples of SD cards of lesser known brands on which the SD Audio software will not work. These cards have been labelled as SD, have the correct number of contacts and appear to work with all other applications.

Cheers
Len C.

#56824 - 01/03/06 06:25 PM Re: SD CARDS - QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Fran, Joan and Len, thanks for your replies. If I understand correctly, I am not going to be able to use SD Explorer because I only use Windows 98. If I understand Joan correctly, it is designed to work with Windows EP only. I still funtion well with my old workhorse computer that has Windows 98. What is the old saying, "If it works, don't fix it" - something like that. Hopefully, there is a way around this.

Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online