SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56765 - 11/20/02 02:02 PM Better drum sound! Cool idea to try out. Awesome sound!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Last night I discovered something cool. I wanted a powerful drum kit but wasn't quite happy with the one on my 6500 "power kit" so what I did was used the power kit on drum 1 track and then copied the track to drum 2 and assigned the pop kit to drum two, while leaving the power kit on track one. Adjusted the volumes of them so that the two made a perfect mix and it is awesome. Powerful but the pop kit at a lower volume hides the tone of the power kit that I don't care for. Try it out man. You'll be surprised. The bass drum and snare is powerfulthat way. Granted this does not leave 2 drum tracks to use for different parts as they are both identical, But it serves a great purpose as far as sound goes. So there you have it. No matter what kits you use, two drum tracks the same with different kits can really smoke!
Enjoy!
Tony

#56766 - 11/20/02 04:39 PM Re: Better drum sound! Cool idea to try out. Awesome sound!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony (sparky): Yours is a COOL tip for sure, cuz Technics wimpy drums have always been an BIG issue for me too. I assume you're not experiencing any phasing or efx problems when you have TWO drums playing the SAME notes at the same time, right? How about posting some of your music in MP3 format so we can hear how the drums sound in the mix? - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#56767 - 11/20/02 08:05 PM Re: Better drum sound! Cool idea to try out. Awesome sound!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I didn't really have a problem with the drum sounds. However I am always looking for a way to make my music the best it could be.
And sure I will post an mp3 as soon as I can go from my 6500 to mp3 format, which I am not equipted to do at this time. And no, I hear no phasing or fx problems. I do have chorus, and multi fx turned on for this.
Tony

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Tony (sparky): Yours is a COOL tip for sure, cuz Technics wimpy drums have always been an BIG issue for me too. I assume you're not experiencing any phasing or efx problems when you have TWO drums playing the SAME notes at the same time, right? How about posting some of your music in MP3 format so we can hear how the drums sound in the mix? - Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online