SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56701 - 03/04/03 04:51 AM The Book....
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just received Alec's Book 'Getting the most from your KN7000' and the accompaning CD and Video.
I've only had a quick browse so far, but this must surely be the definitive work for the KN7000 - absolutely superb content and presentation. There has been an incredible amount of time and energy devoted to these publications and they are well worth the money.
Great work! Alec, Phil and the production team.

Got the Book, Got the Video - so where's the 'T' shirt with 'We love Alec' on the chest?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56702 - 03/04/03 05:27 AM Re: The Book....
technicsplayer Offline

now don't make me blush, Willum! because we stiff assed Brits maintain composure at all times

but thanks very much anyway. Since I know you have a card reader I will await with interest your opinions on the demos, which I hope will open a few eyes as to the capabilities of the 7k.

I'm off to Frankfurt now, so will be away for a few days. Enjoy your read.

#56703 - 03/04/03 07:53 AM Re: The Book....
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Will the book be for sale in Holland?
Bert

#56704 - 03/04/03 12:01 PM Re: The Book....
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Bert, Don't know about that but it may be worth contacting Technote, who will probably be able to supply.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#56705 - 03/05/03 07:44 AM Re: The Book....
Bill Norrie Offline

I've just been browsing the CD which comes with the book. All the built in styles which were on KN2000,3000,5000,6000/6500 are included in both .AST and .CST format together with all the new styles on the KN7000 in the same format..... makes the book even more worthwile

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#56706 - 03/06/03 03:34 PM Re: The Book....
technicsplayer Offline

don't forget every single style is listed on the cd, to copy and paste into your favoured database program and will identify the position of any style you seek instantly, in any single or any all section, by any keyword you choose to search by; you could do it by simple Word search, or by sophisticated Excel or Access methods

#56707 - 03/08/03 02:47 PM Re: The Book....
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Willum,

Is there a picture of Alec in the book? I haven’t got mine yet. I sure would like to see what houses those kind of brains. One more thought. There might just be another printing if some of the girls get turned on with the picture. What do ya think?

Grandpa Doug

#56708 - 03/08/03 03:37 PM Re: The Book....
Bill Norrie Offline

Good Idea Doug, but I'm afraid the answer is NO ! Alec is really a very shy retiring type you know......

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#56709 - 03/08/03 04:12 PM Re: The Book....
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Sort of like you and me?

Grandpa Doug

#56710 - 03/08/03 11:54 PM Re: The Book....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Alec
I can that the next thing may be a tutorial on 'how to get the best from your database'
I am presently putting my many 1000's of sheet music on database so that I can trace at a glance which book to look for and all related facts.
Can't get it to list in an alphabetical order as of yet although I do have the search facility O.K.
Regards
Peter
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
don't forget every single style is listed on the cd, to copy and paste into your favoured database program and will identify the position of any style you seek instantly, in any single or any all section, by any keyword you choose to search by; you could do it by simple Word search, or by sophisticated Excel or Access methods

#56711 - 03/09/03 05:02 AM Re: The Book....
technicsplayer Offline

excel will do an alpha sort perfectly well for this sort of simple job if you have office installed, access is overkill really, it just depends what you have available.

Since I have text files of all my disks it is a simple matter of copying them into a Personal Digital Assistent or Digital Diary in whatever order I fancy, and there are search facilities available in the palm of your hand!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online