SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56689 - 08/15/02 06:06 PM Equalizer
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Can anyone shed some light on using the equalizer? I got into this screen over the weekend and moved some sliders around and it really made a nice difference in the sound of the KN6500 keyboard! I don't know what all the different letters mean, the "Q" or the "Gain" et cetera.

How about giving me some of your favorite set ups so I can try them and maybe get an understanding?

#56690 - 08/16/02 01:15 AM Re: Equalizer
technicsplayer Offline

centre frequency FC should be obvious from adjusting the sliders and listening. The tweeters come in around 2-3 kHz so above that you are playing with harmonics, below with fundamentals generally. Gain is the amount of boost or cut in decibels, Q is the resonance factor or spread of frequencies affected. The equaliser is parametric so you have control over the exact frequencies you want to program. You also have control of each part independant of each other in the mixer. Adjust how you like without getting overload distortion.

#56691 - 08/16/02 07:00 AM Re: Equalizer
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
centre frequency FC should be obvious from adjusting the sliders and listening. The tweeters come in around 2-3 kHz so above that you are playing with harmonics, below with fundamentals generally. Gain is the amount of boost or cut in decibels, Q is the resonance factor or spread of frequencies affected. The equaliser is parametric so you have control over the exact frequencies you want to program. You also have control of each part independant of each other in the mixer. Adjust how you like without getting overload distortion.

I know what you mean when you speak of distortion, because I experienced that. The little bit I played around with it, I noticed that some settings seemed to bring out the background instruments and really made each style sound superb! What I was trying to accomplish was a bit more bass. Maybe this is the wrong area to try to accomplish that.

#56692 - 08/16/02 07:14 AM Re: Equalizer
technicsplayer Offline

here you get bass everywhere, in the mixer bass just on that part, also available in composer and pad per part, and a sophisticated system in sound edit for each sound, layer of sound, or area of keys. You can tweak to your heart's content...

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online