SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56461 - 05/03/05 03:50 PM Microphone dont work
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Hi All,
When I bought my KN7000 I didnt try out the microphone as I am a lousy singer and would not need a mic, now after about 2 years I thought I would see how good it was only to find iy doesnt work, I have done all the checks, my mic works ok with my PA System, I just wondered if any of you guys have had this sort of problem, Thanks,
Johnny Barr.

#56462 - 05/03/05 05:55 PM Re: Microphone dont work
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN.... Not sure what mic you are talking about. I use a head set mic plugged into my 7K. No one but me hears me sing along with my playing & that is okay with me.

Works for me!

ELIZABETH

#56463 - 05/03/05 11:03 PM Re: Microphone dont work
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Hi John,

I had a problem with my microphone that the sound was very week, although the volume was on the high level. I found 2 things that were not correct.

1. My microphone cable was not specific for the microphone although it had the right connection ends.

2. I replaced the cable that I had with a new cable specific for microphone that has XTR connector on the other side, in which I needed an adaptor to a 1/4'' connector, that can fit our KN7000 (I bought Monster cable brand).
(After doing some tests I found out that XTR end with a special adaptor to 1/4'' works much better than a cable that has 1/4'' end on its own.) Volume wise and sensitivity wise is much better.

Now I hardly need a PA system. The KN7000 has a fabulous capability to carry voice, with the right cable the right adaptor.

Cheers,
Doron

#56464 - 05/03/05 11:43 PM Re: Microphone dont work
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Johnny, what brand/model is your mic? Is it a dynamic or condenser mic? Condenser mics require phantom power for suffiencient OUTPUT. Unfortunately the mic inputs on the KN7000 (and my Tyros as well) doesn't supply PHANTOM power. In addition, even some dynamic mics produce more/less signal output than others, which might be a reason you're not getting any/sufficient signal output into your KN7000.

Scott

#56465 - 05/04/05 01:19 AM Re: Microphone dont work
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
How about the basics John - like switching the microphone switch on - top right hand side of the keyboard; and moving the microphone slide up - top left hand side of the keyboard; and checking the microphone settings...
Rog

#56466 - 05/04/05 04:54 AM Re: Microphone dont work
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Could also be an Impedance matching problem....?
Although it does not define the Mic input Impedance in the manual, I believe the KN7000 expects a High Impedance Microphone for optimum performance. If you use a Low Impedance mic, the output will be much lower.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56467 - 05/04/05 12:20 PM Re: Microphone dont work
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Johnny, what brand/model is your mic? Is it a dynamic or condenser mic? Condenser mics require phantom power for suffiencient OUTPUT. Unfortunately the mic inputs on the KN7000 (and my Tyros as well) doesn't supply PHANTOM power. In addition, even some dynamic mics produce more/less signal output than others, which might be a reason you're not getting any/sufficient signal output into your KN7000.

Scott
Thanks Scott and all you good people, my Mic is a PRO1 Unidirectional moving coil Dynamic Microphone, and there is not even a faint sound from the KN, completely dead, I think I will have to send the 7000 to the nearest keyboard shop for a repair, I did speak to the engineer, he said £100 just to look and then it could cost anything, being a none singer is it worth it, my trouble is if something doent work right then I cant stop thinking about it, and by the way Mr.Mepstead, I may be 77 years old, but I am not quite brain dead yet, Thank you lads.
Johnny.

#56468 - 05/04/05 01:26 PM Re: Microphone dont work
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
My headset mic is a ProSeries Pro 8HE...The specs indicate it is low impedence. I bought it in Jan. 1997....works great plugged into the back of both my 7K & 6K machines....

ELIZABETH

#56469 - 05/04/05 02:44 PM Re: Microphone dont work
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Another thing that I would check is the mic volume in the KN7000 menu setting.

Doron

#56470 - 05/16/05 01:46 PM Re: Microphone dont work
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Barr:
Hi John.
Have you got a small pre-amplifier. A mixer or a reverb unit, if so try your mic through it into your KN7000, it should give you a sound of some kind, no matter what mic you have.Will prove a fault or not one way or the other
It's worth a try.
Regards another 77 year old.
Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online