SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56194 - 10/06/03 02:33 AM pads & midi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would catch by midi file, the pad's impro ( 5 & 6 ) but It seems the pads are not sent on midi chanel ( kn7000).
somebody have a tip or solution? http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/icons/icon5.gif

#56195 - 10/06/03 02:06 PM Re: pads & midi
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
not sure I understood correctly , but you could
record the pads as part of your sequence in the kn7 sequencer.

Then use APC to SMF function in the kn sequencer and save it as a midifle.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by roro07:
[B]I would catch by midi file, the pad's impro ( 5 & 6 ) but It seems the pads are not sent on midi chanel ( kn7000).
somebody have a tip or solution?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56196 - 10/08/03 12:20 PM Re: pads & midi
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Rikki, I'm afraid that wouldn't work since when a performance pad is inserted in a sequence, it is only recorded as an event in the Control Track. The actual Pad content is not recorded within the sequence. This can be confirmed by loading a sequence which you know uses particular Pads, but before you play the sequence, change the pad selection and you will hear the 'wrong' pad sounds being played.
I don't know of a way to achieve the desired result.... Does anybody else ?????

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56197 - 10/08/03 03:32 PM Re: pads & midi
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Willum,
I must admit I haven't recorded a pad within a complete song using easy record or realtime record, but I have recorded the pads just on their own in steptime, using the ctrl track and the chord track, then use the apc to smf function to turn them into a midifile. I've only tried it on the piano pads to date, so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is actually giving me the correct sounds as "Piano" may just be a default sound.

I'll try What I've been doing in a complete song and let you know if I have any luck.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Rikki, I'm afraid that wouldn't work since when a performance pad is inserted in a sequence, it is only recorded as an [b]event in the Control Track. The actual Pad content is not recorded within the sequence. This can be confirmed by loading a sequence which you know uses particular Pads, but before you play the sequence, change the pad selection and you will hear the 'wrong' pad sounds being played.
I don't know of a way to achieve the desired result.... Does anybody else ?????

[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56198 - 10/08/03 03:33 PM Re: pads & midi
technicsplayer Offline

you're both right, but Rikki is a little righter

Willum, you're right that a pad in a sequence is an event that requires either the correct preset pad to be present, or the correct user pad to be loaded.

Rikki is also right that the pad has two tracks available for rendering in apc to smf convert, so any pad can be simply easy recorded and then sent to two sequencer tracks where all the individual notes are there available for midi output. I was once asked to make technics pads for yamaha owners by this route in the days of the KN6000, and the principle is used in the practical editing exercises in the 6k book, including using the sequencer to make 3 (or more) track pads etc.

#56199 - 10/08/03 04:26 PM Re: pads & midi
rikkisbears Offline

Thank You Alec,
saves me fiddling round, seeing if what I was doing also works in a complete song.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56200 - 10/09/03 05:55 AM Re: pads & midi
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks for the enlightenment Alec

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online