SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#56056 - 01/08/03 07:52 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
It is good to see the number of responses in this topic because it confirms to me that I am not the only one looking for the best filing system. a poor manual results in a lot of inteeresting contacts between owners. "Every disadvantage has its advantage", our famous football player Johan Cruyff once said.

Rikki,
The way you have set up yours is exactly the way I intend to do it. It would be most helpfull if you could send me your list of style no's & types and their duplicates.
Thanks in advance,
Bert

#56057 - 01/09/03 03:12 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bert,
I've actually managed to sort my styles, but I've got my parents staying for holidays for a few days, so it's stopped me from completing the list on my spreadsheet. After playing through them again, I've realized even though there are quite a few duplicates, they don't sound 100% the same, possibly due to different instruments, so I decided to keep them in too. I'll probably place it on file at the yahoo kn7000 user group so anyone who wants it can download it. Maybe a few days though before it's ready.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Bert Aarts:
It is good to see the number of responses in this topic because it confirms to me that I am not the only one looking for the best filing system. a poor manual results in a lot of inteeresting contacts between owners. "Every disadvantage has its advantage", our famous football player Johan Cruyff once said.

Rikki,
The way you have set up yours is exactly the way I intend to do it. It would be most helpfull if you could send me your list of style no's & types and their duplicates.
Thanks in advance,
Bert

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56058 - 01/09/03 03:16 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bert,
I've actually managed to sort my styles, but I've got my parents staying for holidays for a few days, so it's stopped me from completing the list on my spreadsheet. After playing through them again, I've realized even though there are quite a few duplicates, they don't sound 100% the same, possibly due to different instruments, so I decided to keep them in too. I'll probably place it on file at the yahoo kn7000 user group so anyone who wants it can download it. Maybe a few days though before it's ready.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Bert Aarts:

Rikki,
Thanks in advance,
Bert

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56059 - 01/10/03 12:10 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
Hi Fran,

I have actually figured out most of what is going on with how files are laid out on the disk and the .INF file just where the folders are located. I even managed to figure out the layout of the 16 bit flags field just after the name used to refer to the song and the name on disk fields. It is a binary map of what files are present - Panel memory, sequencer, etc.

The problem I have is I am working about 50-60 hours a week right now - traveled form Vancouver to Houston this week to work for 3 days. I need a little down time to be able to write the software for this unless someone else is already writing it in which case I may be wasting my time. I estimate it would take a couple of good solid weeks to write something I could be proud of for managing the files and be useable by anyone.

Ron

#56060 - 01/10/03 01:16 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Ron,
in my curiousity I'm examining the inf-file too. (the results I'v published on my homepage). Especially I'm interested in the last 2/4 digits(****) after the songname+001KN7(****). I'v discovered the meaning most of the hexidecimal codes of the files the keyboard uses, as you memorized. E.g. the *.sqt, the *.tm files and the codes which belong to the way you saved the files (saving, page 2). Maybe it is helpful to you to know. When I'm ready with this I will let you know if you're interested.
My skills on this item is pure curiousity. I'm not a programmer or something. What I got to do with this I don't know yet. The only thing I discovered is when I change the songnames in a hexeditor and saves it on the SD-card-inf.file, these figures are imported to change. Otherwise the keyboard gives an error-statement. That's why I'm interested in the good digits.
I think when you could succeed in making a 'program' for easily copying, changing and renaming etc., many forummers would be very, very grateful to you.
Best regards and success,
Cees.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 01-10-2003).]

#56061 - 01/10/03 02:27 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ron,
I know all members appreciate any help you can muster. At the same time we understand it is not a simple task.

Cees,
Your filing system tips has been a big help in organizing mine and I would hope those with a filing problem would print out your system and give it a try. Good learning experience for us new to the SD's large storage capacity.

thanks to both of you,

Fran in Florida

#56062 - 01/11/03 05:31 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
Hi Fran..Here is a system I have used professionally for years....Since the Sx3
used a five digit code it was simple to
set up the KN7000.....the following will
show the different categories of styles.
You can expand or contract to fit your situation...the first thing you need to do
is figure out how many codes you need within each categoriy....
Since you use a four digit code the
first two digits identify a style category, the 3rd and 4th digits specific style names.
Here are the categoris I use:
01 through 04 Big Band/Swing
05 & 06 Ballads
07 Shuffle/Boogie
08Jazz
09 Fox Trot/Jive/Stride/Bebop
10 Dixie
11 Ragtime
12 Blues/Gospel
13/14/15 Country
16/17/18 Rock/Contempory
19/20/21 Latin
22 Line
23 March/Polkas
24 Show
25 Ethnic/Irish
26/27/28 Waltz
29 Christmas
30 Hawaiian

The first two also can identify a folder
with appropriate description as above

Since I have Macintosh system and
Technics have forsakken Macintosh owners I don't have to worry about a lot of
the problems I see PC owners get involved with.....My main use of the keyboard is to Play Music on gigs using
styles and playing live.....

I use a 128 mb SD card and have several hundred styles set up....I did it the hard
way one style at a time...

Long before the 7000 I set up most of the 6000 styles in the composer and
saved them to floppys.....Since my music
was coded with the 6000 5 digit codes
I merely dropped the leading zeros .

After I loaded all the 6000 styles in the
7000 I actually played gigs using the 6000styles in the 7000. Then as time
permitted I started setting up the 7000
styles and identified them in the description as KN7......Also got some small colored stickers and marked them
with the KN 7000 codes plus Tempo plus
style description and Intro and ending.

Hope this helps...Mel in Florida
hundred styles set up

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online